no power

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys ,

problem with pace 4001 , was working fine , unplugged it as decided to change room around , plugged it back in , came on with pace tune nit etc , got as far as boot , then just died , no lights on display or anything , unplugged again , plugged back in and nothin at all happens , no lighs on and nothin in display , have checked fuse in power lead and that is fine .

have checked the fuse and seems to b fine as have a spare board lyin around and compared the two of them both give the same readings

only other thing i can think of is to change the transistor or watever its called that is connected to the heatsink near the transformer

will give that a go in a while

hi,have you checked the little rectifier chip in the power circuit if your not sure what it looks like there is plus and minus signs on the output.this converts the ac supply in to a dc signal out.

hi,have you checked the little rectifier chip in the power circuit if your not sure what it looks like there is plus and minus signs on the output.this converts the ac supply in to a dc signal out.

is that the one tha is marked on the board as u1

i replaced the u1 and was still the same , so i also replaced hs2 and got power back , still a couple of probs , but at the mo can put up with those

nice one, at least it powers up again.good luck with getting the rest of it sorted.

Back