No picture no red rings ?

stelladrinka

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all this is my second 360 failiure now, I'm wondering weather to bother replacing it! The video started to flicker a couple of days ago now when I boot it I get digital sound but no picture, I'm wondering do the red lights always show when there is a system failiure or is there an easy fix. I've tried it with the standard AV lead that came with it and on a different TV and it still don't work. The system is just over 12 months old, but to send it back I will have to get a tamper sticker.

Cheers

sounds to me like the scaler chip, HANA has failed, the only way to fix this as far as i'm aware is with MS, but this isn't covered under the 3 year RROD warranty. your best bet would be to try and force 3 red lights on it before sending to MS.

I agree with Raph mate :)

Your best bet would be to pm oggy if you're after a sticker as he has told peeps in other threads that he has them and to send him a pm.

Dont tell M$ I told you this (lol) but heres a little trick I use for forcing the 3rrod fault with consoles that have other problems that are not covered by 3 year extended 3rrod warranty... leave the console running for 24 hours solid so its hot and then as soon as you unplug it just stick it in the freezer for a few hours... You should find that when you've left it to thaw out to room temperature and you plug it back in it will go to 3 red lights straight away lol... well it works for me :proud:

I'm not telling you to do any of this mate...its entirely up to you what you do... I'm just saying that that is what I would do in your situation lol. If you do go for it make sure the console is fully thawed out before you plug it back in wont you... just leave it overnight like a nice sunday joint as it'll be no good if you go and electrocute yourself will it ;)

Thanks for the replies looks like the freezer it is then Cheers

freezing as we speak, will leave it over night to defrost and let you know how I get on cheers.

Hope it works for you mate... Like I say...its never failed for me yet :) If it dont work first go... just keep trying... it definately works ;)

On defrost now will try it tomoz. ( how long in the microwave?) lol

LOL... good luck mate. Dont nuke it mate... its got metal in there lol

Your not going to belive this, I have no red rings and it's working again after cooking and freezing it.
Thanks for all your help

Your not going to belive this, I have no red rings and it's working again after cooking and freezing it.
Thanks for all your help

PMSL.... Oh well... if the red rings do come back later down the line you now know what to do mate ;) lol

so then mxwizard you now have the english sock laser fix and the sunday joint no pic no red ring fix

LOL... to be fair mate english was the creator of the sock fix... I was just the marketing department ;) lol.

I nearly pis*ed myself I was laughing so much when I read that it had actually appeared to fix stellas console... Every one that I've cooked and froze has so far successfully red ringed for me lol

Did you cook it in a coservatory at 26degrees wrapped in a towel for 12hrs? Nice and tender now lol.

LOL... well it didnt quite work as planned but sure glad to hear it solved your probs :)

I'm still laughing now mate ;) lol

Guess what my box has failled again, tried this trick twice now to get the rrod, but I must have an indistructable 360. Anyone know another way to get the rrod? Or does anyone have a cheap console for sale not bothered if it's banned.
Cheers

m8 if the warranty sricker has already gone, why not open it up, remove all the cooling fans, heatsinks etc, and just leave it running till it cooks itself, then put it all back together and send it back if you can get it to RROD

not sure if this will help, but ..

my xbox 360 had the exact same issue, I had sound with no picture and no rrod. after playing with it I found out that it only happened after 5 - 10 minutes after turning it on, once it was cold it would work for 5 - 10 minutes before the colours would go funny, which looked like an over heating issue to me.

So I decided to do the x-clamp, I followed the x-clamp fix guide and it fixed my xbox and it never happened again and it only cost me under £10 in total.

X-Clamp fix kit from ebay for £4.99
Arctic Silver 5 from ebay for £4.50

hope this helps you and others with same problem.

Thanks digidude, never thought of doing that. AK_47 sounds like exactly the same fault the colours do go strange before it fails.Just bought a box off flebay with disc read error I'll swop my drive and hopefully I'll be up and running again.I'll have a play with the X clamp when I get one working.

Thanks for the replies

Back