No Output :(

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

got a computer here that powers up and the cpu spins like a bastard possessed but i cant get any output to the screen :( the graphics is the 7300LE

can anyone help?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just been told by the guy that gave me that the chip is fecked

when i got it he said that there was a remote chance the chip would work but its now the route of all evil lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

tried a new chip in it and i get to the post screen, it loads the usb controllers then says 2048MB Ram then just hangs?
for a few seconds then cuts out?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Nothing else connected aside from CPU, memory and video card (no on board video right ?).

Its either over heating or the M/B is damaged. I am wondering if the setup had a power overload which took out the CPU and damaged the M/B

the P4n SLI mate

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=searchresult&keywords=P4n+SLI&table=download

i've not had a play about with yet i'll try and have a shot at it tonite

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Sorry the delay m8 but been away.

Downloaded the manual and some interesting stuff.

Do you have the D-Bracket that comes with the MB. This has 4 led's on it that tell you whta is going on with the system.

Also on the memory front, taken from the manual:

User may install mem modules of differrent type and density on
different channel DDR DIMM's. However, the same size, type &
density memory modules are necessary while using dual channel
DDR, or instability may happen.

This point alone, as you have 4 modules then you are in Dual Channel mode and will have problems. Not saying this is the issue but unless you do what is required then you will have problems. So try system with 2 identical mem modules.

Looking into the Geforce 7300LE at the mo to see if there are problems there. But as you said if it posted and the display was up then I doubt if it's the graphics card.

Just a quick thought having taken a very casual look at the manual.

Have you reset the cmos at all? Because you should do that as amatter of course with new CPU etc on the MB. Its SW1, located by the sata connectors according to manual, which you just have to press. You could also try taking out the cmos battery for a few mins and then restart the system.

cheers for all your help but its going back to the guy what gave me it and he is gonna have a look over it

thanks for all your help everyone

Rep will be duly added :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I know this is going on a month now but when you tried it with one hard drive in your system, did you change the jumper settings accordingly? (I'm assuming there was more than 1).

I found with my PC, it wouldn't boot with the jumper set as master if it was a single hard drive in the machine and had to be set to cable select. If I was running two hard drives though, they had to be set to master and slave accordingly.

I know it's a late one mate but in case it's been gathering dust in a corner somewhere unfixed ;)

its back at the guy who gave me it he is giving it the once over if he cant fix it no one can lol

thanks for getting back mate cheers bud

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just seen this post.

Just a point, ive seen some motherboards mainly gigabyte if the ide cable is fitted the wrong way round then the sysboard will not initallise, fails to post and will not output to monitor or speaker for beeps.

i think sombody did suggest you remove hdd and try and see if it boots to no hdd etc worth checking especially if the ide cable is not keyed.

Back