No Office 2007 backup wizard!

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
I've customised (if this had been Word it would have lapsed into US dictionary, that I can't shift, and red-squiggled that word...) Word and probably some other Orifice applications.

I will be reinstalling soon and wanted to backup my Office settings under Windows XP. Looked in Office tools but there is no backup wizard. Some searching revealed that one of the only methods is to use some migration tool under Vista!

I don't want to keep all other files and settings, just all of the custom Office stuff such as macros, dictionary, references etc. Don't say I have to do this manually?

I saw some third-party tool for it but I'm not a fan of third party tools :mad:.

You should find user and settings backup wizard in System Tools folder in XP. This is Office aware and will back up your office settings. Make sure you do a custom windows update as the one supplied with XP needs to be upgraded to make it vista compatible.

You should find user and settings backup wizard in System Tools folder in XP.

I'll have a go with it but I think I might keep to manual so I know what's been replaced. I'm not upgrading to Vista, just reinstalling :).

It's not something I read on my search, I know I could add the paths manually to it

Back