no net id wont find

corey

Inactive User
Reaction score
help needed please i have a pace 4010 on nthell set correct frequency with very strong signal but unit will not find net id its showing **** tried removing red jumper and battery to re set it but no joy any suggestions lads

what net id is it reading. corect me if i am wrong but the 4010 in pure nthell should automaticley set itself up and find its own net id and freq

what is your netid supposed to be.??

net id

the net id is supposed to be 00007 and its reading **** and as dogital10 said it should automatically retune but its stuck on **** what about libby for the 4010 never used before also downstream 38db and upstream 0db so tuner should be okay

are yousure that all the ***** is not your password m8

net ID is usually 09999................

id

yeh double checked net id is ****

corey said:
help needed please i have a pace 4010 on nthell set correct frequency with very strong signal but unit will not find net id its showing **** tried removing red jumper and battery to re set it but no joy any suggestions lads

I've had to leave one box on stream for over 2 hours before it would pick up the netID .......

and remember a strong signal can be as bad as a week signal? .......

try setting your home frequency to 643.000 mhz and reboot the box

net id

i left it on for 8 hrs last night but in engineers menu net id **** no t stream signal poor

net id

i tried what you said two beer cans no joy any one suggest libby or anything else

corey said:
i left it on for 8 hrs last night but in engineers menu net id **** no t stream signal poor

So you've gone from a very strong signal to no signal? You haven't been cut off have you?

Can you try another box on the feed to confirm the signal strength?

Have you checked your feed cable and any splitters fitted? they could leave you with a poor signal strength if damaged or in poor condition.....

signal

the feed is good as it works my old box when i say the signal is good im getting 38db in the downstream but it saying signal poor no t stream etc presumably because i have no netid(****)

corey said:
the feed is good as it works my old box when i say the signal is good im getting 38db in the downstream but it saying signal poor no t stream etc presumably because i have no netid(****)

Have you had this 4010 box working before or have you just aquired it?

box

just aquired it from another area fb

corey said:
just aquired it from another area fb

:( I'm no hardware expert but it may be an issue with a weak or faulty tuner ......

What message shows on the box display while it's trying to aquire the netID?

tuner

i read in another forum about changing over the down stream and upstream tuners but if im getting 38db in the downstream in the engineers menu is the tuner okay does anyone have any xiews thanks

the message shown on the box as its running nit is error11 and error 12

well its upstream tuner failure or the TB has been cut in the wrong place!!! also try putting in a 3db attenuator you sig does seem high

corey said:
the message shown on the box as its running nit is error11 and error 12

At least thats right then ..... It shows it's look for the netID information ....

Try pulling the the red jumper again and leave it off for an hour or so to make sure it clears the memory 100% and give it another go, you haven't got nothing to lose .....

Back