VU+ Duo No joy with this one

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
OK i know im being a numpty but wanted to change image on my box ,this is an original box by the way had it since they first came out, i know i know if it aint broke .... yady yaddy yaddy ,but me being me i tried , it went thro all the reading flash ,programming ,remove usb and reboot box , but it just keeps saying starting !!!!!!!! it does nothing else ,tried umpteen different usb sticks same message ,tried them in different ports, just nothing ive disconnected the internal hdd as well

You can change skins and add files via ftp is you cant get it to flash

Sounds like you need to the latest cfe first

see attached

HowTo updating bootloader:

download attached file
unzip attached file
format USB flash drive in with fat
create directory /vuplus/duo at flash drive
copy file to directoy /vuplus/duo at flash drive
shutdown VU+ STB
disconnect all USB devices
connect USB flash drive to VU+ STB
power on VU+ STB
wait for message "Please remove USB" at VFD
disconnect USB flash drive
power off VU+ STB
flash new image

Attachments

• duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip
    117.8 KB · Views: 1
i seem to remember when i had one of them it was very fussy about the size of usb stick used think i used a 1gb but had trouble with several bigger ones i also remember mine needed completely unplugging to get it to flash properly if that was common i dont know but most times i have had trouble is when a download of the image had gone arry somehow i remember the antvirus complained about one i tried & it was from a good source stick with m8 it will be something silly most likely once you figure it out
OK i know im being a numpty but wanted to change image on my box ,this is an original box by the way had it since they first came out, i know i know if it aint broke .... yady yaddy yaddy ,but me being me i tried , it went thro all the reading flash ,programming ,remove usb and reboot box , but it just keeps saying starting !!!!!!!! it does nothing else ,tried umpteen different usb sticks same message ,tried them in different ports, just nothing ive disconnected the internal hdd as well

Sounds like you need to the latest cfe first

see attached

HowTo updating bootloader:

download attached file
unzip attached file
format USB flash drive in with fat
create directory /vuplus/duo at flash drive
copy file to directoy /vuplus/duo at flash drive
shutdown VU+ STB
disconnect all USB devices
connect USB flash drive to VU+ STB
power on VU+ STB
wait for message "Please remove USB" at VFD
disconnect USB flash drive
power off VU+ STB
flash new image

right ok tried all this does what it says on the box but still "starting" noticed the red light is still on do you think this 807 capacitator has blown?

right ok tried all this does what it says on the box but still "starting" noticed the red light is still on do you think this 807 capacitator has blown?

You flashed and image after the cfe update ? If soy yeah that would be my next move to replace that cap.

ok my son in law gave me 2 new ones fitted it and still doing starting arggggggggggggh ,managed to get hold of an ESR meter and checked the others (think i checked them right)they seem to be ok

Back