No EPG after flashing with IFA

gunn99

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there, dont know if any one can help but here goes....I flashed the new digital blade quad image on to my dbox using IFA and it seemed to work fine.

However, when I connected the dbox back to the cable wire and tv i am receive message of 'no EPG found' on the channel dialogue box and the LCD screen.

Also the clock starts at 1:00 instead of going to the correct time.

Do you know what the problem could be???

Its not due to lack of signal as I have a second box which is working fine when I put it at the same location - that has the lacky pro image.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

gunn99

Hi there, dont know if any one can help but here goes....I flashed the new digital blade quad image on to my dbox using IFA and it seemed to work fine.

However, when I connected the dbox back to the cable wire and tv i am receive message of 'no EPG found' on the channel dialogue box and the LCD screen.

Also the clock starts at 1:00 instead of going to the correct time.

Do you know what the problem could be???

Its not due to lack of signal as I have a second box which is working fine when I put it at the same location - that has the lacky pro image.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

gunn99

copy your services and bouquets to var/tuxbox/config/zapit via FTP then with remote dbox.service.reload channel lists

When I go into the var/tuxbox/config/zapit folder the current services and bouquet files are greyed out. DOes that mean these files are missing and therefore I need to put them back in???

If so then where do i get the services and bouquets to transfer to var/tuxbox/config/zapit folder in the first place from?

PS my working dbox has gone off and I cant FTP in to it kids did summet to it this morning. Not having mch luck with these dboxes!

gunn99

When I go into the var/tuxbox/config/zapit folder the current services and bouquet files are greyed out. DOes that mean these files are missing and therefore I need to put them back in???

If so then where do i get the services and bouquets to transfer to var/tuxbox/config/zapit folder in the first place from?

PS my working dbox has gone off and I cant FTP in to it kids did summet to it this morning. Not having mch luck with these dboxes!

gunn99

Try the downloads or stickies for your services and bouquets for your area.

Nice1 maty that seems to be working. EPG and time are correct and terrestrial channels are working. Do I need to perform another scan to get all the other channels to work? Or is there summet else I need to do???

Cheers

Als just realised as well, it still will not let me do a scan for channels. Keeps saying: no channels were found! Please execute a scan (dbox-key>service). But when I do try that it just comes with the same error message.

Any ideas???

have you set your location for the scan?

thebigman

What do you mean? and how would I do that -( thats probably a know then!)

press the blue button its usally in there, in the image menu choose set my location pick your town and your box will reboot, then you should be able to scan.

thebigman

Its letting me do a scan now....I set my location to bradford not sure if this is correct....My town is doncaster which is not in the location list. Any idea which location i should select??? At the end of that scan nothing changed i.e. still only receiving free to air channels. Any ideas????

you will need to start an emu (also in blue button menu) ie evocam then leave on an encrypted channel eg sky sports 1 until it reads the keys.

thebigman

You lost me mate!!! can you explain in a bit more detail....im not all that techi!

press the blue button twice then select emu menu pick evocam or mgcam then press ok. you should get a message to say cam starting. Then change to sky sport one and wait, after a short time the channel should clear.

thebigman

Nice you r the man! thats worked!!! Only thing outstanding is that I hardly have any channels! When I did the scan with bradford location there were only 33 transponders where as there are normaly 188 transponders giving about 320 channels. Any ideas or is it just messing around with different locations???

Ignore me mate i've just done a rescan and all the channels have come up!!! Owe you big time. At last will get some pease and quiet from kids!!!

Back