no com port 1

clamdog

Inactive User
Reaction score
guys my new laptop has win xp on it but doesnt have a 9 pin serial port on the bk of it i have a usb to serial converter can i configure that in anyway to use on my unlooper bcos i know that a unlooper and programmer run off port 1 and when i use the converter with libby it only seems to work off com port 3 so want i want to know is can i get the usb port to configure to a com port to run my unlooper

exoticasian30 can advise you there mate < thats the thing he uses on his laptop.

@TBC, I stopped using that a while back mate. Went out and got myself a really cheapo secondhand laptop with a real serial port and that works a treat.

@Clamdog, there are two ways of going at this.

1) You can reassign the usb to serial adapter to com1 in the XP device manager so long as no other device is already using that port.

or:

2) Open winexp, click on "configure", then "programme parameters" and change the com port to "3" just as you said you had done when using Libdebug.

If you choose the secong option remember that you will need to adjust all of the software that uses your adapter to "com3".

Let me know if you have any hassle and I can try to advise you further.

Back