No charges for the scumbag copper that murdered Ian Tomlinson.

edcase

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hahahaha, the criminal justice system in this country is a joke.

They can't charge the policeman because no causal link can be established between them "twatting him with a batton and shoving him to the floor" and his death.

Police can get away with anything.

'murder' suggests it was premeditated which is what the CPS were looking into. They could possbily go with a private prosecution for manslaughter but i personally haven't read the coroners report as to what was the cause of his death.

edit : 3 coroners reports couldn't agree on an actual cause of death. doesn't say whether or not he's still a police officer or what internal actions were taken against him. I'd be suprised if there were none.

Whether it was a heart attack or internal haemorrhage it was clearly caused by that officer’s actions. It was nothing other than a cowardly attack from behind, on an innocent, law abiding citizen.

This policeman, hidden behind a balaclava, with his numbers removed, was obviously attacking people for fun with complete impunity. How can we know how many other people were attacked by this man.
The failure of the first coroner surely can’t be justified as a reason for lack of prosecution, since other two pathologists concur that his death was the result of the officer's actions.

He should be charged for his actions, which were over agressive imo, but I'm struggling to see how he should be charged with murder.

Assault yes, but nothing more.

Links working for me
Shocking that not even an assault charge, know the copper didnt mean to kill the feller but his actions clearly did.
How to get away with murder if you arnt a millionaire, Join the police force

OK I concede there is no way he could be charged with murder.
It was unlawful act manslaughter in my eyes though.

Link working now, I can't see how it is murder. Manslaughter at best but most likely assult. But due to the length of enquiry they can't even charge him with that.

I can understand the cops were in a high stressful situation but I would have thought at least he gets kicked out of the force as he has proven that he can't handle the pressure.

Link working now, I can't see how it is murder. Manslaughter at best but most likely assult. But due to the length of enquiry they can't even charge him with that.

I can understand the cops were in a high stressful situation but I would have thought at least he gets kicked out of the force as he has proven that he can't handle the pressure.

exactly, they aint martyrs , they chose to join the police force, highly stressful situation i can understand but they are trained to keep there cool .

cant handle it, dont join or resign.

deffo agree manslaughter or the very severest form of assault.

'murder' suggests it was premeditated which is what the CPS were looking into. They could possbily go with a private prosecution for manslaughter but i personally haven't read the coroners report as to what was the cause of his death.

edit : 3 coroners reports couldn't agree on an actual cause of death. doesn't say whether or not he's still a police officer or what internal actions were taken against him. I'd be suprised if there were none.

They cannot persue any prosection due to the amount of time that has passed. Also the first coroner is facing charges against him for being corrupt, the other 2 coroners agreed that internal bleeding had caused the death, the first labelled it as natural causes.

Just a little fact, over 1000 people have died in police custody, and not one officer has ever been prosecuted. Seems somewhat of a cover up to me, statistically someone should of been prosecuted, but they seem to brush these things under the carpet.

I think a manslaughter charge should of also been persued ! The officers actions caused the mans death !! FFS clear enough from a medical perspective to me.
Ok, maybe not instant evident death but nonetheless still caused it.

The officer has a position of authority, trust and responcibility... all of which he abused on that day with the tragic result of the loss of life.. be it a innocent person or not... should never happen.

try pushing a copper over and murdering him and they would bring back hanging .coppers are here to protect governments from the people

try pushing a copper over and murdering him and they would bring back hanging .coppers are here to protect governments from the people

Soon as you push a copper, your done for assault. They have the law on their sides. lmao.

The only time I have been arrested was for saying to a friend that I wouldn't piss on the cops if they were on fire. A squad car pulled up and 2 coppers grabbed me. Asked me what I said, and I refused to answer, I asked if I called a guy walking past a tosser (Used the W word), then they arrested me for public order offence and locked me up for 10 hours. I also had to go to court for this! Never been in trouble once, and was bound over for 6 months! Where is the justice in this?

Last edited:
The only time I have been arrested was for saying to a friend that I wouldn't piss on the cops if they were on fire. A squad car pulled up and 2 coppers grabbed me. Asked me what I said, and I refused to answer,

I don't understand, why would a squad car pull up for no reason, did the hear what you said from inside the car that was driving by.

I asked if I called a guy walking past a tosser (Used the W word), then they arrested me for public order offence and locked me up for 10 hours.

You asked yourself if you had swore at a member of public ?

Some people on here have some serious issues with the Police.

i've been nicked twice - you know what? it was my fault, i accepted what i'd done, slapped on the wrists and went home wiser. People LOVE pushing cops, intimidating them because they KNOW how far they can go - usually angling for a nice comp claim.

the CPS would need a faultless case to spend PUBLIC money on a prosecution. imaging how much the interner warriors would moan if it went to trail with a half arsed case then he was found not guilty and the money wasted?

i don't fancy being a member of any of the emergency services because i haven't got the stones for it. The ones who do it properly deserve respect - the ones who don't deserve to feel it's wrath.

I don't understand, why would a squad car pull up for no reason, did the hear what you said from inside the car that was driving by.

You asked yourself if you had swore at a member of public ?

He must of heard me as driving past.

And I asked the copper not myself. lol.

Some people on here have some serious issues with the Police.

i've been nicked twice - you know what? it was my fault, i accepted what i'd done, slapped on the wrists and went home wiser. People LOVE pushing cops, intimidating them because they KNOW how far they can go - usually angling for a nice comp claim.

the CPS would need a faultless case to spend PUBLIC money on a prosecution. imaging how much the interner warriors would moan if it went to trail with a half arsed case then he was found not guilty and the money wasted?

i don't fancy being a member of any of the emergency services because i haven't got the stones for it. The ones who do it properly deserve respect - the ones who don't deserve to feel it's wrath.

I think the police have a difficult job to do, though generally their attitude stinks. They treat everyone like shit regardless of the situation and seem to think they are somehow "above" us.
This seems to be institution wide, even to the point of refering to the public as civilians. I would hate to break it to them, they are not paramilitary, they are civilians too and should act accordingly.

They are NOT the law, merely civil servants here to uphold the law. Sadly this seems far from the case in this country.

At the risk of taking this further off topic, I have just been thinking about my encounters with the police throughout my life.

I have never been arrested, though I have lost count of the number of times I have been stopped, harassed, annoyed, spoken down to, searched or otherwise inconvenienced by them.

I have had several crimes committed against myself and my family, of which the police have solved 0 cases.

So I am just wondering, how effective has our police force been for everyone else?

Last edited:
Back