no channels?

ecmnco

Inactive User
Reaction score
just got a nokia dbox 2 debugged neutrino and when switched on it said bbc1 but no picture?
I did a service scan on cableuk sym6887 (I am on ntl broadband) got no transponders? no channels

image in there -it says
cyogenic cydine boxenroller 1.7 uk05

I cant re image cos this site is not allowing downloads? and I have no images
I have using fxp put in local xml file

please help, as I am skiving off work today and I will be expected to sort kids out at 1530!!

life is a....

thanks folks

what area are u in?
are you paying for the basic tv pack from the cable company?

I am in stafford

I do not subscribe to any ntl tv
but I do subscribe to ntl broadband

you are taking a risk in having a dbox and paying for no tv services

im sorry but i can not help you with this as your chances off getting caught will go up 50 per cent

I pay ntl £65 amonth for phone and internet, I have a friend that works for them and is appalled how he is treated and have you ever called ntl??? customer service is v poor
so me getting disney channel for my kids seems quite fair...

If you think all the ppl on this forum are all using dbox for video sharing and putting jpegs on tv then then maybe its time to go to specsavers and change those rose tinted spectacles..

regds

If you subscribe to broadband then the cable feed will be sufficient; and you should be able to get channels - even if you don't pay. However its still probably worth getting just the basic TV pack, so you can ensure that your signal levels are about right (and will also reduce your chances of getting caught).

The site should be allowing downloads again now; try it again. Get the Sportster Pro 1.0 image and flash that to your box, then try looking in the downloads for the services.xml file for your area. If you cant find the file; try a scan again.

To be honest the chances of getting caught are slim anyway; especially coz the DBOX doesnt have talkback - just keep your mouth shut and don't go boasting to people in the street about the box.

Liam.

im sorry but i can not help you with this as your chances off getting caught will go up 50 per cent
To be honest the chances of getting caught are slim anyway; especially coz the DBOX doesnt have talkback - just keep your mouth shut and don't go boasting to people in the street about the box.

Hi,

I have had my dbox2 for a couple of weeks now and this is the first I have heared of this. I am currently only subscribed to a Telewest Broadband service as I have sky+ which I am planning to bin when my subscription runs out in December. Do I need to subscribe to a tv package ?

When you say the chances will go up by 50% of getting caught, is this right ? How can they tell ?, and finally what will happen if they do catch me ?

Thanks,

de_deej

You should have a subscription to at least one service - either broadband or Digital TV. As long as you've got one of them you're OK, because they wont disconnect you at the cabinet in the street (but they hardly ever do that anyway!)

The cable company can only tell that you've got the DBOX connected if they sit outside your house and scan between the frequencies (or so I've been told). The DBOX has no talkback... it only receives the incoming signal and processes it.

The Digital TV signal is sent down the same line as the broadband; the cable company cannot tell whether or not you are receiving the TV signals, because it is broadcast to every cabled home in the UK.

If you keep your mouth shut and dont tell nosey people in your street that you're getting these extra-special services; then you are very unlikely to get caught.

Occasionally they do have a crack down (like in Manchester a few weeks (or months?) ago) but they only act on tip-off's I believe.

Subscribe to one service - either the broadband or the TV.

Thanks for the quick reply, I have broadband from telewest. As for telling people inmy street I live in a cul de sac where everyone knows everyones business and if they found out they would definately not approve. So I won't be telling no one, apart from my mum as I'm getting her a box for xmas.

On a seperate issue a friend of a friend offered me a dbox2 the other day for £250 and or a chipped digibox for £200. (which would need to be re-flashed at a cost of £40 a time). Can you believe the cheek he doesn't even no what his doing, his been offered them for around a ton and decides to add on a little bit for his hardwork. It's ****s like him that make the cable company look into it as he sells people boxes on their doorsteps and when the go wrong they ring the cable company. In no uncertain terms I told him to get f*****.

Thanks again,

de_deej

Somebody tryed flogging a box to my mums friend; he told her it WASNT illegal. She said she'd give it a think and he gave her his number so she could get in contact.

Anyway, without knowing, she rang up NTL customer services and asked them if it was legal. She was forwarded through about 8 different apartments before the call ended.

When NTL came round she gave the bloke the traders business card with his home address and telephone number :D ... we didnt hear from him again! What a t*at... you're asking to get caught if you tell somebody its NOT illegal.... OF COURSE they're going to enquire about it! :p

I highly doubt he's still walking the streets at this moment in time... :)

also the fact is that if everyone had the basic pack the cable companys would not be looking at ways of changing there system to block out so called chipped boxs or any other digital box

it is about keeping the co happy and getting more options and more channels

also thats why co's get bust and sell out if there was no more co's then we all would be screwed thats also why the prices is so high

lets all at least have a minimun package and you all will see a difference in the service

and an example of what gav12345 is saying, is on-digital.
they went out of business - because of ppl like us not bothering to pay.

I hear you. As soon as my Sky sub has gone I plan to get the telewest digi box, as I can't put up with the misses if something oes wrong with the dbox and I've left her with no tv.

de_deej

john smith are you gonna reply my pms or take piss out of me?

I agree basic package, I have setup a few boxes for people and if they don't have minimum package then I just tell them it can't be done and leave it.

The 2 I have said it to both went minimum sub as they needed me to show them what to do and I made it quite plain they would be out of luck.

Have Fun

ellie1998 said:

I agree basic package, I have setup a few boxes for people and if they don't have minimum package then I just tell them it can't be done and leave it.

The 2 I have said it to both went minimum sub as they needed me to show them what to do and I made it quite plain they would be out of luck.

Have Fun

thats good i totally agree

cheers m8

Back