No BBC But got all PPV

pmoore31

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have been given a Pace 2000 from a friend. I am in ex C&W. I have changed the tuner freq in engineers menu to my area and programmed a MOSC with success (Great help from CARWASH !!!). I have used the same image as the rest of my boxes but the problem is I can’t get BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 or ITV2 (plus a few more).

I can get all sky sports, Movies and all PPV (Which is great).

Any ideas why I cant get the freebees or the others??

What Have I done wrong?

Cheers

Cool I will check the splitters when I get home later. All the rest of the boxes work fine. Its only this new box with the problem

pmoore31 said:
Cool I will check the splitters when I get home later. All the rest of the boxes work fine. Its only this new box with the problem
How many boxes r u planing on running lol
most splitters lose 3 db and good quality coax helps
you need to have at least 22db

Only 3 boxes lol

I am unplugging a working box and plugging in the new box (only the new box is having this problem so it cant be a signal problem can it? or both boxes would do the same from the same feed)

You said you did freq? Did you check Net Id ? Because it does that if wrong ID

pmoore31 said:
Only 3 boxes lol

I am unplugging a working box and plugging in the new box (only the new box is having this problem so it cant be a signal problem can it? or both boxes would do the same from the same feed)
Not necessarily so
Every box is different
We wont know till u check it
Card must be programed right or u would have no channels
With that many boxes dont u have firmware update probs
If it is signal like i think you can buy a booster
Ive heard they do em in argos for less than £10

When I switched it on last night for the first time it did an update. I will check what version it is at later. As a test I prgrammed a TIT2 card to test what channels this gave me and it gave me the exact same channels (no BBC ect but all PPV) Thanks for your help so far

Last edited:
Plug that box direct to CC cable"! If the same then you have a faulty Tuner

I did plug it direct to the cable box last night. so it must be the tuner .... Are new tuners easy to get hold of (any ideas where) and install?

Last edited:
pmoore31 said:
I did plug it direct to the cable box last night. so it must be the tuner .... Are new tuners easy to get hold of (any ideas where) and install?

To remove and install is a very easy (10 minutes) Come to think of it”! Did you cut talkback on that box?? If so, then you know how easy it is to install a tuner

If you can’t get hold of one let me know and I might be able to help

Many Thanks. Would it make a difference that I didnt tune the box using libby. I only changed the feq in the engineers menu. Was I supposted to use the correct config file for pace 2000. Sorry to sound dumb but I have a serial to scart but have never used it before (nor used libby before)

What is your net id for your area?? (Engineers menu)Check if box says the same incuding Freq

Last edited:
its a pain in the bum as I am at work. I copied the info from my existing box pace 1000 (wrote it down) then when I opened the the engineers menu in the pace 2000 it was different, so I changed it with the remote and saved it by pressing the TV button. Should I have done it this way?

You can change Freq with Remote but not Net ID
You have to use Lbby for that

When you get home use Libby and you will find your problem will go"!

guys thanks for your help. cant seem to find pace 2000 config file for libby in downloads. any pointers please

pmoore31 said:
guys thanks for your help. cant seem to find pace 2000 config file for libby in downloads. any pointers please

I'll send you one m8"!

Back