No/Bad Signal

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
all my freesat has gone off ?

Ive just turned it on and thats all thats showing,rebooted and check freesat and non freesat channels but nothing at all

I havent checked the dish yet but that hasent been touched

it was on the bbc they have now started charging
£5 per day u have to pay in advance at the post office
lol

Someone else had this but it was because the installer had fitted a standard sky dish instead of the freesat one. It worked for a few weeks but then needed to pay for a correct dish install. CHeck to see if you got the dish with tiny holes in it Rat?

Just pulling your leg m8 :)
I know you have the second co-ax feed, so can you unscrew the cable at the back and swap it over to the other cable to test?
Also check the dish outside to make sure theres no obvious sign its moved?

pmsl cheers for that David

Pink I jumped up on the extension roof and tightened up the connections (twin lnb) came in reinserted all connections rebooted the box and all back on

sorry for the false alarm

dish has holes in m8 but I thought they all did now

edit: you sod pinky lol

Someone else had this but it was because the installer had fitted a standard sky dish instead of the freesat one. It worked for a few weeks but then needed to pay for a correct dish install. CHeck to see if you got the dish with tiny holes in it Rat?

thats fookin brill m8 pmsl

my dish is a solid metal grey one does that make any diffrence or shall i drill holes in it lol??

Pi$$ takers lmao

well just turned it on and its done it again ??

what could be causing this,I know when its going to happen now as APPL is on the front panel of the Humax for a while before displaying a channel number

do you think its a dish problem or the receiver

:Edit its come back on again,but Id like to know why its doing it tbh

Last edited:
well just turned it on and its done it again ??

what could be causing this,I know when its going to happen now as APPL is on the front panel of the Humax for a while before displaying a channel number

do you think its a dish problem or the receiver

:Edit its come back on again,but Id like to know why its doing it tbh

u got to switch it on first rat lol otherwise it dont work lol

sounds like a loose connection at the back of the receiver m8

freesat boxes will say no signal constantly if theres not one present when first powered up, even if you fix the problem it wont change untill you reset it (in my limited experience fault finding with them) ive been able to create this problem by the F connector on the back of the receiver not beigh tightened right up, then every now and then when turning on itll say no signal, even though i know that it reports it as 100%. turn the power off, tighten the connector on the back of receiver and turn back on, job done

but

just to be on the safe side, drill an extra hole in the dish, just in case. if youre not confident using a drill up a ladder i can post you a dish hole, ive got boxes and boxes of them here m8

Thanks Digi will make sure it done up tight :)

but

just to be on the safe side, drill an extra hole in the dish, just in case. if youre not confident using a drill up a ladder i can post you a dish hole, ive got boxes and boxes of them here m8

:roflmao: dont confuse him digi

lol I missed that last bit
next time in up there Ill count the holes just to make sure I got the same as every one else ;)

lol I missed that last bit
next time in up there Ill count the holes just to make sure I got the same as every one else ;)

a triax dish will have more holes than a raven or channel master one m8, which is why they give a stronger signal

its true, ask any installer

Back