WiFi No 5Ghz

Dr Drool

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I made a post about DD-WRT Routers, I managed to pick up a cheap dual band Belkin with the dd-wrt already flashed to the router

I've managed to put the SH3 into Modem Mode and get a WAN IP from it to the Belkin and I now have internet access

I've turned wifi off on the SH and setup both wifi channels on the Belkin and given them different SSID names so I know which is which

The problem is that I cannot see the 5Ghz channel on any device that's capable of picking up 5Ghz, (Laptop, Nexus 6P, TP-Link AC1200 Dongle) everything can see the 2.4Ghz channel though

I've currently got it set to AP, mixed mode but I've tried Ad Hoc, N only, repeater, repeater bridge and all the other settings within the wireless section of the routers GUI but the SSID doesn't show on any device

Is the 5Ghz channel gubbed on the router?

TIA

DDWRT is terrible with 5Ghz wifi

I have a TO Link WDR3600 and 5Ghz works half the time. As far as I know a known issue with DDWRT and 5 Ghz wifi

Have you set it the router so it is broadcasting the 5Ghz or is it hidden. Basic question but just confirming.
What channel are you using. Try setting it to a static channel maybe 6 or 11

its broadcasting but after a while it stops broadcasting, tbh I am not that bothered anyway if 5Gz doesnt work.

I always use static channels for wifi.

Back