Nintendo Dsi 1.2e & Acekard 2i No card inserted problem

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

I've got a Nitendo Dsi with firmware 1.2e, it's been working just fine with the Acekard 2i and with original games but for some reason the Acekard 2i is no longer working in it, everytime I now insert it, the Dsi says "There is no card inserted in the DS game card slot".

I reformatted the micro SD card and put the latest firmware on it, but that didn't work, I also cleaned the contacts, checked the Dsi's contacts for dust and debris and finally tried the paper trick and the combo paper trick, none of which managed to get the cart to work :-(

Original carts still work fine, has anyone here come across this problem or able to offer me any advice on how I may be able to get this cart to work again?

If all else fails, where's the best place to buy a new one?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

i have had this with a couple of cards try holding the card as far down in the slot as it goes
and see if it shows . if it does just jam a little card in the slot
think its more common with the acekards as i have had like 3 do this

Thanks for your reply Mate, tried what you suggested a few times and it didn't work either.
Got any other suggestions??

i have had this with a couple of cards try holding the card as far down in the slot as it goes
and see if it shows . if it does just jam a little card in the slot
think its more common with the acekards as i have had like 3 do this

turn the dsi on without a card in and try it a few times as card might not show for more than a second.
if still fails then try in another ds if you can get hold of one.if that fails i would say duff card

Thanks again, I'm thinking duff cart, only thing I can't try, is it in another Dsi
I guess it's time for a new one, I have previously had a DSTT which failed on me and have had a few r4's which I have distributed to various friends and family members and none of them have failed on me so far, so I think I may just get me an r4i this time round, you got any reccomendations on where I could pick one up cheapish? doesn't look like DX or pandawill stock them anymore!

turn the dsi on without a card in and try it a few times as card might not show for more than a second.
if still fails then try in another ds if you can get hold of one.if that fails i would say duff card

priceangles have the r43ds for £6 ish and i always go for the r4i-sdhc.com ones

the card should still show up even without sd card in
so its not down to the software loaded on the sd card

Cheers, I found the same kind of price from SlickGate.
I went the the r4i-sdhc.com but could not find any products for sale on there or am I missing something??

priceangles have the r43ds for £6 ish and i always go for the r4i-sdhc.com ones

the card should still show up even without sd card in
so its not down to the software loaded on the sd card

if you go to the r4i-sdhc.com site you will find card info and official resellers
but will show the cards i mean then look for that type

I had to put a bit of sellotape on the body of my sons acekard to make the contacts touch properly

there is a contact issue with some acekards...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back