Nintendo DS Lite Repair Guide

Great, I'm so glad I found this as my youngun droped hers the other day, I give this a go - Cheers

this is a good guide but it is wrong in
(1) when you remove the battery you need to undo the top right screw triwing under the battery
(2) you can seperate the touch screen from the coloured surround as new touch screens do not come with the coloured surround

edogg

i bought this some of u may find helpfull

Thanks for sharing, this will certainly be very handy to have.

Cheers

Tomo:proud:

thank you so much have been looking for something like this, very handy

Looking forward to seeing this manual.
Have been repairing DS Lites for some time and looking to find out more about the mainboard/motherboard and how to trouble shoot harder problems like water damage etc.
Anyone know if this guide has anything like that in it?

Looking forward to seeing this manual.
Have been repairing DS Lites for some time and looking to find out more about the mainboard/motherboard and how to trouble shoot harder problems like water damage etc.
Anyone know if this guide has anything like that in it?

Thats what im wondering too. I also have been repairing DS Lite's for a while but im stumped on this wont turn on problem.

I thought this was a guide showing you how to actually repair, not replace.

Unfortunatly i bought this off you, on ebay before i found it here for free, not right happy about it, but hey, its life, you've got to make a living somehow.

Unfortunatly i bought this off you, on ebay before i found it here for free, not right happy about it, but hey, its life, you've got to make a living somehow.

m8 u never bought anything off me from ebay? wat u been drinking.
i bought off ebay then posted it here for others FREE

Are you looking at the right PDF?

m8 u never bought anything off me from ebay? wat u been drinking.
i bought off ebay then posted it here for others FREE

Lager, haha.

My apologies.

I thought as you are called Jason?

And the seller on ebay is called jason19680_0.

I put 2 and 2 together and got 5, haha, asin wrong, sorry.

Thank you for posting it, i cant download it just yet but looking forward to seeing if there is anything in it that i dont have knowledge on

i bought this some of u may find helpfull

Many thanks with this. My sons stopped working a few months ago. I was going to put it on ebay. I might open it up myself now and try and fix it. Basically the charge light is fine and battery is fine (I think!), however the green light flashes for a second and bottom screen flashes when I power it on. The hinge is also damaged. Will update with how I get on. Need to order some parts first. Thanks again.

Okay, I have been working on a ds, the battery will not charge. We have checked both fuses, and they both seem to be fine. We have voltage coming through to both of them, they also checked out good for conductivity. The guide states that it may be a short in the upper screen, any idea how I could test for that??

Okay, I have been working on a ds, the battery will not charge. We have checked both fuses, and they both seem to be fine. We have voltage coming through to both of them, they also checked out good for conductivity. The guide states that it may be a short in the upper screen, any idea how I could test for that??

could be that the power socket needs replacing or the charger or the battery or if it just blinks orange when you put the charger in then turns off it could be the L2 or L4 inductor or water damage so could be quite a lot of things!!!! but id have a look at the socket on the ds 1st :)

could be that the power socket needs replacing or the charger or the battery or if it just blinks orange when you put the charger in then turns off it could be the L2 or L4 inductor or water damage so could be quite a lot of things!!!! but id have a look at the socket on the ds 1st :)

Tried that, still no charge. Not sure what is wrong at this point.

Back