DSLR Nikon D610 or Canon 6D

rb17

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm still balancing between these there two dslr. Which one should I buy. I used to be a nikonist with film cameras. I ' m back to my hobby and I heard good news about both of them. Use: Portraits, landscapes.
Can someone help?

The Canon has wifi and excellent GPS for tagging photos. It also has better pixel density and outputs at a higher resolution :)

Not much in it, but specific specs may sway you one way or the other: Canon 6D vs Nikon D610 - Our Analysis

Wifi is nice, but can be added retroactivley using an Eye-Fi card. The pull for me would be the full frame sensor offered by the Canon.

However, if you still have any of your old Nikon lenses they should still fit the DSLR, even those from film SLRs.

If you haven't got any lenses I'm going to throw another two bodies for you to look at: Pentax K3 and the Sony A77.

Thanks, but for me the most important thing is image quality which comes out from the camera, any field experience about that?

My question is there, if we have the same conditions ( lens, photographer skills,etc...) which DSLR body delivers accurate colors and sharp images.

Colour accuracy can be affected by white balance (shooting RAW or RAW+ should help minimising this), monitor calibration and even the ink batch on the printer (if printing). But all things being equal the D610 has the better colour depth.

Sharpness probably favours the D610 too - it has a higher megapixel rating despite having a smaller sensor (APS-C vs full frame). But see if you can find a side-by-side comparison of the same scene.

thanks, but both cameras are full frame.

thanks, but both cameras are full frame.

Odd, specs I originally saw online for the Nikon quoted APS-C. I didn't bother cross-referencing with official specs.

Anyway, the D610 still has a better sensor pixel density - which should translate to sharper images. However, the larger pixels on the 6D should provide better low light performance.

Back