Nigerian Shop Scam

c9679

DW Member ++
Reaction score
This isnt really an internet scam but people might be interested :)

Anyone that knows me, knows that I own 2 phones shops around Birmingham (3 coming soon...) anyway other people have been hit by this scam a few times including a friend who lost around £15,000 but its own fault due to his greed and stupidity... So anyone that own a shop beware lol

Anyway the scam began when 2 Nigerians all smartly dressed came into the shop he got talking and wanted to buy a bulk order of phones to send to Nigeria, we humoured him and told him we could get them and would only actually order when we had the money in the account, after about half an hour of him doing my head in he came clean told me he had a way of making forged notes he would be willing to even show us how he made them and would give us any amount we wanted for a 100 handsets as they where easier to sell abroad than getting rid of all the money, he told us the notes would pass every counterfeit test around so we could bank them, he then flashed his cash and bought a £30 phone of us, he gave us 3 £20 pound notes and 2 £50 pound notes for the £30 phone and said he didnt mind just to prove to us he was serious he said bank the cash and see if anything happens... and he would come back the week after and show us how to make them...

Anyway we obviously took the money cos it looked real and the phone we sold him was only £9.99 from Carphone warehouse lol... The money was all real and we spent it but still knew it was an obvious scam but I just found the whole thing funny and my business partner is a little gullable so I had no choice but to play along :)

Anyway a week later they returned they had a bag full of their magic stuff to show us how they where made... anyway they got to work in the actual shop, they got a little metal dish poured some smelly liquid into the dish and placed a real bank note paperclipped to a blank piece of paper... after about 2 minutes they removed the paper clip and left 2 £50 notes, lol, my partner was amazed... anyway they wanted to buy about £20,000 worth of phones at that point... They gave me the £100 and said I could keep it again they where off to london but we would deal again and to get the phones worth £5000 and they would pay £20,000... Obviously next time I didnt let them in and I kept the total £260 :D

Anyway heres the scam if you havent guessed... This is what happened to my mate
They give you real notes, when they show you how to make it they have 2 real notes one is painted over, they paperclip them together and say the special liquid makes an exact copy of the note onto the special paper which is official bank paper they have got their hands on... lol anyway for each note they need another note to create a duplicate :) are u following???

Anyway when your willing to play along and your greed gets the better of you they then say they need to create duplicates of real notes, so if they are going to give you £10,000 they need £5,000 cash but its safe because they will do all the work in front of you at your house or at the shop... When you have the money ready they turn up with their equipment half way through because of the fumes in the liquid one of them starts coughing and then suddenly has a heart attack, he is taken away in an ambulance (remember only fools and horses...) the other one runs off with the money...

lol, its great theyre so clever and they prey on greedy like a greed tax :D anyway I know 2 people in Birmingham that where done with this and lost thousands so probably a lot more...

l own my own company and if a Nigerian comes in the words off and fook are used , l bet the Nigerians that work and pay taxes hate these con artists ...

They actually spoke French too... just in case anyone sees them, they wanted to buy my car as part of the deal as well, lol I asked for £30,000 cash and I would hand over the keys 2 weeks later :D

I think the cons are just so good and some of them are so ingenius, I got one of those dodgy paypal messages a few days ago and I gave it 6 out of 10 for creativity in the wording because there where no spelling mistakes but was let down by the low quality graphics, so I fixed the graphics and sent them back to the person with a little "hehe" note the really dumb thing is I got the same email back with my improved ripped graphics a week later, you got to give them something for that :D

c9679 said:
I think the cons are just so good and some of them are so ingenius, I got one of those dodgy paypal messages a few days ago and I gave it 6 out of 10 for creativity in the wording because there where no spelling mistakes but was let down by the low quality graphics, so I fixed the graphics and sent them back to the person with a little "hehe" note the really dumb thing is I got the same email back with my improved ripped graphics a week later, you got to give them something for that :D
ask them for 20 grand for the helping with there scam lol

Back