Nigerian bidders on ebay?

franco78

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced these guys when trying to sell a mobile phone? They make sure they win the auction then send you a spoof Paypal e-mail to make it look like they have paid. They all have 0 feedback and it seems to go on with items apart from mobiles as well.

ebay could easily solve this by allowing you to permit bidding only from those with a feedback of 2 or more, or by not giving your e-mail address out after the item is won, but instead they just let it go on.

I had to list a mobile with "buy it now", and will have to list another item with buy it now, which means a bigger listing fee. ebay are a joke!

start a dispute and you should be able to claim your insertion fee back from ebay,
it does get very annoying, how thick do they thing people are!

Has anyone experienced these guys when trying to sell a mobile phone? They make sure they win the auction then send you a spoof Paypal e-mail to make it look like they have paid. They all have 0 feedback and it seems to go on with items apart from mobiles as well.

ebay could easily solve this by allowing you to permit bidding only from those with a feedback of 2 or more, or by not giving your e-mail address out after the item is won, but instead they just let it go on.

I had to list a mobile with "buy it now", and will have to list another item with buy it now, which means a bigger listing fee. ebay are a joke!

i tbhink you can block bidders with 0 or neg feedback

think u will find a lot of us have had this m8 ... l did and set up another hotmail email and played with them for weeks , there thick as shite m8 , think my email was usmellynobs@hotmail lol , told them l have lots of phones lol , they must think where pratts

yh just go to your seller account then buyer requirements and you can block all sorts.

I'll check out the seller console. I was there in the last minute of the auction frantically trying to cancel bids, but the bidder was sitting there somewhere in the Nigerian sunshine and just placed the bid again.

I got the final value fee credit, but they do not give you back the listing fee. You are allowed to list the same auction for free, but then the same thing will happen so I had to use buy it now instead.

add the winner to your blocked bidders list read the e bay site m8 all the info on doing this is there

There's no point in adding them to the blocked list because they re-register with different IDs for every auction they bid on. The one that won my auction cancelled his registration right after bidding on two auctions. That was the only reason I got my FVF credit back straight away.

You can change bidder preferences in Myaccount/Preferences m8. Do all sorts to block unwanted bidders.
See image & my present prefs:

there a pain in the arse , just have to change ur add setting to uk only ,

That Isn't the case Biffo. They register to UK addresses so it wouldn't work. Hong Kong sellers do the same but for different reasons.

Back