Nigel de Jong

No different to shawcross lmao... but everyone jumped in his defence lol even though he has broken 3 players legs now!!!

EDIT: to be fair to de jong he is a much better player than showcross which probably makes it even worse :(.

No seriously de jong should not be allowed to play as long as ben artha cannot play.

Shocking Tackle!

Mickie

Last edited:
Don't forget his horrendous tackle on Alonso in WC final. He needs a lengthy holiday.

shawcross tackle wasnt intentional he did apologise and went to see ramsy but de jong he does it on regular basis something must be done.

sick! he's got away with some nasty ones already this season.... credit to the dutch coach for dropping him from the squad...

shawcross tackle wasnt intentional.

I think after breaking 3 players legs that does not really come into it.

Oh and saying sorry does not make it right lol.

Totally agree mate but he been punishend n have taught him a lesson I think if he does it one more time FIFA will get involve big time

Yeah I agree dizy :)

De jong should not be playing until ben arfa does... it was a 50 50 ball but the follow through was mental!

I think the point has been made by the tough northerners on here lol that if we take out tackling then we wont have a game, and to be fair they have a point.

I think the team talks done by the managers about sticking it up teams should be looked at as you tell a not great tackler to get stuck in, and you do have the potential to get leg breaks.

Mickie,

if we take out tackling then we wont have a game, and to be fair they have a point.
Mickie,
Well said Mickie all we want is clean tackle otherwise it turns into violence and it's not nice when kids are watching

shawcross tackle wasnt intentional he did apologise and went to see ramsy but de jong he does it on regular basis something must be done.

I dont think it makes an ounce of difference if intentional or not. As if you're not skilled enough to time a tackle correctly dont make it and certainly dont raise your studs or high tackles.

De Jong needs to be dealt with swiftly and severely. And I agree if any player is responsible for injuring another fellow professional through negligence or malicious intent. The player should be banned for at least as long as the player injured is able to return or retired if the career of the injured player is over.

F the Bollox with Shawcross being apologetic and devastated, grow a pair and accept what you did. We see how Eduardo never came back as a shadow of the player he was, so why should these players be allowed to continue their careers either.

Marseille have said they could take legal action against Manchester City's Nigel de Jong after his tackle broke the leg of Newcastle's Hatem Ben Arfa.

Ben Arfa, who is on a season-long loan from Marseille, is set for a long spell on the sidelines after suffering a double fracture last Sunday.

The French club's president Jean-Claude Dassier told TF1's Telefoot programme: "We will file a claim against De Jong.

"It's about getting rid of this type of individual from European grounds."

Even though De Jong was not booked for the incident in the 2-1 victory for Manchester City at Eastlands on 3 October, he was dropped from the Netherlands squad for their Euro 2012 qualifiers against Moldova last Friday and Sweden on Tuesday after coach Bert van Marwijk said it was "a wild and unnecessary offence".

Newcastle subsequently wrote to the Football Association asking it to take action against the 25-year-old Dutch midfielder for the tackle which it deemed to be "unnecessary and using excessive force."

The FA said it would consider the letter but may be powerless to implement any punishment.

Back