Nicotine is NOT addictive

where is the evidence that it is not addictive?

Nicotine is addictive.[11] In lesser doses (an average cigarette yields about 2 mg of absorbed nicotine), the substance acts as a stimulant in mammals, while high amounts (50–100 mg) can be harmful.[12][13][14] This stimulant effect is a contributing factor to the addictive properties of tobacco smoking. Nicotine's addictive nature includes psychoactive effects, drug-reinforced behavior, compulsive use, relapse after abstinence, physical dependence and tolerance.[15]

It is widely held that nicotine, delivered as a drug in regulated nicotine replacement therapy devices at recommended doses, itself poses little health risks, except among certain vulnerable groups.[16] Nicotine is associated with potential birth defects and at high enough-doses, poisonings.[17][18] In vitro studies have associated it with cancer, but carcinogenicity has not been demonstrated in vivo.[18] There is inadequate research to demonstrate that nicotine is associated with cancer in humans.[19] As medicine, nicotine is used to help with quitting smoking and has good safety in this form.[20] During pregnancy, there are risks to child later in life for type 2 diabetes, obesity, hypertension, neurobehavioral defects, respiratory dysfunction, and infertility.[20] At high enough doses, nicotine is lethal.[21] It is unlikely that a person would overdose on nicotine through smoking alone.[22] The use of electronic cigarettes, which are designed to be refilled with nicotine-containing e-liquid, has renewed interest in nicotine overdoses, especially with regard to the possibility of young children ingesting the liquids.[23]

I reckon its the other chemicals they put in smokes that keeps you addicted
why they need to add 4000 other chemicals is a mystery
I smoked 30/40 a day for 30yrs I could not go out or even to the loo or have a coffee without smoking
each time I got in the car I would have a smoke, get out I would have a smoke etc etc
Now that I vape I rarely vape when out or any of the above, I can take it or leave it
could never do that when smoking but now can that I am only getting nicotine & 3 other chemicals
I use 30mls @4mg over a week now

agreed, its the other 4000 plus chemicals that enhance nictone to keep you tied to cigarettes

i vape and now and i don't smoke anymore thank fook, i feel i can take or leave my vape.

nicotine is non toxic on its own,its when its with all the other substances thats the problem. nicotine is been guilty by association.

i will never go back to ciggys............i would rather have 4 indgredients and 1 being optional than have 4000+ chemicals in ciggys

the tobbacco companies know what they are doing, they need your addiction for income.

well done to all you guys that have given up.......i have, and i thought i never would.

What do you get out of vaping?

If you are not addicted why do you do it?

What do you get out of vaping?

If you are not addicted why do you do it?

Not addicted no more because not having other 4000 chemicals in our Vape/Vapour
It`s more of a habit now than an addiction which are totally two different things all together
Some people vape without nicotine some do, why they vape without nicotine? you`ll have to ask them
I reckon I could vape without it if I tried but I have 2lts of 72mg nicotine to get done lol ;)

If you stop vaping for 2 weeks or more I will agree you are not addicted till then.....

i'm down to 6mg of nicotine thats 0.6 per cent in a 10ml bottle

vey little in this bottle and the next lot i go for will be nicotine free

S your are weaning yourself of nicotine, I done itt with inhalors years back others do it with patches or gum.

Nicotine is addictive but breaking habits etc makes it easier to give up.

BTW I am not saying that the other things in cigs are not addictive just that Nicotine is too.

i just like to vape, like i said in the last post, gonna use up the last of my bottles

then its zero nicotine. i feel more in control of the vape as i can determine the

amount of nicotine i have and this 6mg is the lightest of them all before zero nicotine

the vaping scene is really big at the moment and people vape zero nicotine and produce plumes of vape,impressive really but i just wanted a way out of ciggies and found it.

Back