Nicked... £123,000 worth of goods from police stations

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
More than £123,000 worth of cash, weapons and equipment has been stolen from London police stations over the last three years, figures show today.

Uniforms, CS gas sprays, bicycles, radios, televisions and laptops were among the items taken in the 473 recorded thefts, according to data released under the Freedom of Information Act.

Most of the goods, which amount to £123,067 in total, were stolen from local stations but thieves also struck at the high- security Paddington Green, where suspected terrorists are held.

Richard Barnes, Conservative member on the Metropolitan Police Authority, said: "I find it remarkable that police stations have such lax security. It's quite extraordinary that someone can steal television equipment." The Met was unable to comment.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...orth+of+goods+from+police+stations/article.do

Daisy Ayliffe and Rashid Razaq

so many cctv's and still not even the police are secure lol

think i know who done it ,i just seen a copper in uniform cycling a bike buzzing cs gas whilst listening to a walkman with a tv and laptop sticking out his pannier bag,what will i do phone the police.

I was once told by a ex cop that before the age of cctv when the call came in of a ram raid on a electrical store it was like wacky races to get there.
thiefs would take say 5 vcr's by the time owner turned up 10 would be gone, he would claim 15 on insurance.

thats not surprising one bit there bent as hell keep a bagosand in ya pocket to find out what ya can get away with !!! nope i ain't joking ...

It's one of the many reasons they have no respect, Filth, simple as that.

Somebody thought they seen somebody in my sisters garden the other week and rang the police. At first we thought that one of the kids bikes had gone but it turned up my brother in law had it in his van. The policeman that came to follow it up came and gave us an incident ref and when he was handing it over was saying this is for your insurance "in case" you find anything has actually gone missing nudge nudge wink wink, I just laughed it off but loads of people must really do it.

i worked for the police for about 1.5 years in all the areas stations, and allot does go missing. The only secure area i would say would be the cell area. But the new stations are crap (think they are called FMC or FPC), no even owned by the police they rent them for 25 years, the build quality is shoddy, one time a cell door fell off!

Back