NIC or SELECT

Mosshead

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Haven't been around for a while, sure nobody noticed! :)

I know there are a few sparkies on here and I am wondering if any of you know the pros and cons for SELECT and the NIC.

Basically a membership fee to both for a fecking sticker on yer van but I started up on my own a couple of months ago and I'm gonna have to join one of them soon. I know SELECT are Scottish and the NIC are a national body but does anyone have any idea as to whether one is better than the other and why??

Cheers

I'd say go for Niceic
My mate did recently and it stood him at £2000 by the time he'd done though.
You'll get your name on the register along with what type of work you do, value of contract and your niceic rating once inspected.

Some local authorities and nhs trusts won't employ you unless you have a niceic number.

Curly

Cheers Curly,

From your avatar I'm guessing your not Scottish but SELECT are the Scottish equivalent of the NIC and most people you ask up here recommend them but I am erring on the side of the NIC myself... just a cartel to take more money off you but it is affecting some of the work I can take on.

Cheers

I agree with curly
NICEIC is the one to go for but when i was sparking the cost was around £5000, at the time i didnt think it was worth it but with hindsight i should have joined, if you can afford the fees do it.it'll set you up for the future' good luck

Back