NHS is a let down to all that have paid their stamp

the other point i see about the whole going private debate is that currently doctors fit in whatever they feasibly can. Should we go private then doctors will be more likely to offer suggestions on work, medication, operations that perhaps are not so necessary just to bump up the turnover they do and profit they make. this has already been debated heavily in the recent discussions around the dental arena.

Do we want our doctors to either offer advice that perhaps is more beneficial to them than to us and do we want our doctors to rush patients in order to fit that many more in and make that little bit extra cash?

I realise the NHS might not be at its best right now and perhaps it has to be improved considerably, but i think for the masses this is the best health care available in general.

Those that could easily afford to pay more should it go completely private are more than likely already private. I have friends who still have to wait for private service with bupa etc and get advice that isn't 100% accurate from them.

In fact a friend of mine was diagnosed with vita ligo(spelling) privately (and suggestions of no cure) and only on visits to other doctors was she told it isn;t vita ligo, and there is something she could do to resolve it, she then realised just by paying that extra doesn;t mean you will get the best advice.

Well thats my two penneth worth anyhows.

Like your point magik. Sounds likes good reasoning.

Back