NHS Cars

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
How can the NHS afford to purchase top of the range BMW's, Audi's, Jags etc

Last week I saw both a BMW 530 on a 60 plate and an Audi (can't recall which model)

this week a 60 plate Jag

How can the NHS afford to purchase top of the range BMW's, Audi's, Jags etc

Last week I saw both a BMW 530 on a 60 plate and an Audi (can't recall which model)

this week a 60 plate Jag
because they are prob on a lease it works out cheaper then buying
do you know what it is used for any way could be a car used for blood or organ transport

do you know what it is used for any way could be a car used for blood or organ transport

Whether it's leased or purshased outright wouldn't it be cheaper to lease a ford / renault / skoda for example?

All these would still be able to transport blood

All the cars I've seen so far........ the BMW, Audi and the Jag have been park outside a British Transport Police station.

Whether it's leased or purshased outright wouldn't it be cheaper to lease a ford / renault / skoda for example?

All these would still be able to transport blood

All the cars I've seen so far........ the BMW, Audi and the Jag have been park outside a British Transport Police station.

Well if you needed blood quick or an organ, what would you rather the driver of your much needed packages be driving? a renault/ford/skoda or a bmw/audi/jag? lol

Well if you needed blood quick or an organ, what would you rather the driver of your much needed packages be driving? a renault/ford/skoda or a bmw/audi/jag? lol

whats your point, renault/ford/skoda are just as reliable and quick as bmw/audi/jag and you can only go so fast on UK roads even with blues twos

I just used renault/ford/skoda as an example to a cheaper alternative

EDIT - also we don't even know if they are being used to transport blood or organs

Last edited:

airwolf-1280.jpg

or knight rider

:proud:

most likely offered on discount from dealer. quite common for car manufactures to give discount to charities.

Now this is a tune!

YouTube - Airwolf intro

Also it was just an example. And trust me, Renaults are BAD! If you saw what happens in the development stage, what goes on behind the background of that certain manufacturer it would make your skin crawl.

most likely offered on discount from dealer. quite common for car manufactures to give discount to charities.

i`ll see it when i believe it, and anyway the NHS organ transplant isnt a charritie is it not.

The correct comment is " quite common for manufacturers and companys to rip the NHS off , whilst the NHS allows itself to be ripped off"

Hit the nail on the head, the other reason is that the whole of life cost of the vehicle will be a lot less than a Ford or a Vauxhall.

Yes they may pay more to begin with, but they will get more when they sell them on. Making them more cost effective.

They should lease Smart Cars, great for taking shortcuts down back lanes to save time with blood & organ transport. :Laugh:

how bout one of these lol
beat a bmw in traffic anyday of the week

Hit the nail on the head, the other reason is that the whole of life cost of the vehicle will be a lot less than a Ford or a Vauxhall.

Yes they may pay more to begin with, but they will get more when they sell them on. Making them more cost effective.

How do they sell them on if they lease them?

Depreciation on jags used to be huge, not sure if thats still the same these days, do they still guzzle huge amounts of fuel. Surely the cost per mile is going to be a lot more on a prestige car than a run of the mill family car

They use the police for that

How do they sell them on if they lease them?

Depreciation on jags used to be huge, not sure if thats still the same these days, do they still guzzle huge amounts of fuel. Surely the cost per mile is going to be a lot more on a prestige car than a run of the mill family car

I have an S-Type and I bought it second hand when it was 3 years old, it cost over £28k new I got it for £7k with full service history and only 50,000 on the clock. So yes depreciation was huge. :)

It does around 26 MPG around town and 28 MPG on long runs. (The diesel equivalent puts an extra 6 MPG on top).

But mine runs on LPG so in terms of cost you can say it's doing the equivalent of over 50 MPG, so is cheaper to run than most diesels.

Newer Jags have better MPG than mine.

I always thought doctors and high up officials, like fire chiefs and such, used their own cars and got an allowance for doing so.

X-Type depreciation percentage wise was even worse then S-Type. But then again it was pretty much a mondeo under the skin.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a privately owned car, though don't know what mileage rate they pay.

OK, just have quick look,

Standard (Low Mileage) Users

Engine capacity up to 1000cc and up to 3,500 miles per year:- increase from 34.0 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 37.4 pence.
Engine capacity up to 1000cc and over 3,500 miles per year:- increase from 16.2 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 17.8 pence.
Engine capacity 1001 to 1500cc and up to 3,500 miles per year:- increase from 43.0 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 47.3 pence.
Engine capacity 1001cc to 1500cc and over 3,500 miles per year:- increase from 18.3 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 20.1 pence.
Engine capacity over 1500cc and up to 3,500 miles per year:- increase from 53.0 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 58.3 pence.
Engine capacity over 1500cc and over 3,500 miles per year:- increase from 20.5 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 22.6 pence.

Regular (High Mileage) Users, below rate plus lump sum.

Engine capacity up to 1000cc and up to 9000 miles per year:- increase from 27.0 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 29.7 pence.
Engine capacity up to 1000cc and over 9000 miles per year:- increase from 16.2 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 17.8 pence.
Engine capacity 1001 to 1500cc and up to 9000 miles per year:- increase from 33.5 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 36.9 pence.
Engine capacity 1001cc to 1500cc and over 9000 miles per year:- increase from 18.3 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 20.1 pence.
Engine capacity over 1500cc and up to 9000 miles per year:- increase from 40.0 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 44 pence.
Engine capacity over 1500cc and over 9000 miles per year:- increase from 20.5 pence per mile in the Handbook now, to 22.6 pence.

Public transport rate rises from from 23 to 24p per mile. Passenger rate increases from 2p per mile to 5p per mile to encourage car sharing. 10p per mile will be paid for cycling.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a privately owned car, though don't know what mileage rate they pay.

I'm can't see it being privataly owned, you wouldn't want NHS stickers on the door panels and blue lights on the top if iy was your own car.

The BMW 530 was unmarked though so maybe privately owned car

Back