NHS Cars

How do they sell them on if they lease them?

Depreciation on jags used to be huge, not sure if thats still the same these days, do they still guzzle huge amounts of fuel. Surely the cost per mile is going to be a lot more on a prestige car than a run of the mill family car

Lease costs will be less, its the exact same thing my company has gone through, ditching Vauxhalls for BMW and Audi. Cheaper to lease if based on whole of life costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is fleet hire, it'll be the same reason why many car manufacturers have employee schemes, they actually make money from the sale of the vehicle on its return due to the tax write-off.

Lease costs will be less, its the exact same thing my company has gone through, ditching Vauxhalls for BMW and Audi. Cheaper to lease if based on whole of life costs.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My old company ditched company cars and gave people that were entitled to a company car an allowance instead, this saved the company hundreds of thousands £££
From what I can see leasing a Jag is twice as much as a Ford Mondeo, Road Tax, Insurance, Servicing and Fuel will be much more as well
Jaguar XF
4 Dr Saloon 3.0d V6 Luxury Auto
Our Price £444.95 per month excl. VAT
Personal Leasing £522.82 (Incl. VAT)
Initial Payment: £1,399.95 (Excl. VAT)

Ford Mondeo
5DR HAT 2.0TDCi 140ps ZETEC
Our Price £211.95 per month excl. VAT
Personal Leasing £249.04 (Incl. VAT)
Initial Payment: £849.95 (Excl. VAT)
Quotation Terms: Prices based on contract hire or personal contract hire over 36/24 months & 10,000mpa (other mileages available). All prices plus VAT. At the end of the contract simply hand the car back or purchase from the finance company or extend the contract.
Car Leasing - Contract Hire - Cheap Car Leasing & Van Leasing
Captain gave us a good example of how a Jag depreciates.
I have an S-Type and I bought it second hand when it was 3 years old, it cost over £28k new I got it for £7k with full service history and only 50,000 on the clock. So yes depreciation was huge. :)
I had a BMW M3
Services Costs were just under £800
New set off boots £800
Replacement Wing Mirrors £800 (they were stolen)
And deprecated around 8-10k over 2 years

Ford Galaxy
Services Costs between £180 - £250
New set off boots £400
Over the 2 years I had it so far it’s deprecated at about £3k

The government on one hand tell us how much the nation is in debt and all the cutbacks that need to be put in place and on the other hand public sector people can drives around in flash prestige cars.

If I was £££’s in debt and couldn’t afford the mortgage repayments but driving around in a flashy car I would be seen to be living beyond my means

I'm can't see it being privataly owned, you wouldn't want NHS stickers on the door panels and blue lights on the top if iy was your own car.

The BMW 530 was unmarked though so maybe privately owned car

Don't know. Have seen plenty of doctors with removable blue lights and I am pretty certain their cars are privately owned. Again stickers are magnetic and can easily be removed.

Lets be honest here, do you think one jag is gonna mate a difference to the debt? No really, They probably done a deal with the hire company and who ever was in charge of it didn't bother there arse to look into servicing costs!

Don't know. Have seen plenty of doctors with removable blue lights and I am pretty certain their cars are privately owned. Again stickers are magnetic and can easily be removed.

doctors are not allowed blue lights, they have green ones, only emergency response are allowed blue lights

many NHS employees have company cars

they get given a set amount of money then choose what car they want

treat em like shite then trade them in 2 years down the line

Back