Nexus t911 wont flash

inerita

Member ++
Reaction score
#i go tmy t911 off ebay today. It says for power it wants 9-12v (DC i presume)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5837644793&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

I have tried a 9v PSU I have and 2 12v ones I have, I havent got anythign in between. I set the switches 1 on 2,3,4, and 5 off , 6 on.

I gav eit power (power light comes on) and used the XP flashing utility XP Amtel
It just says could not find active amtel evry time. And ideas ?
is it faulty or do i need a specific psu , or am i doing something wrong ?

any help apreciated.

Thanks

Use this tutorial mate. I have made a couple of slight changes to it.

View attachment 9987

:xmas:chookey :xmas:
Just spotted your post count. I don't think you will be able to download the tutorial yet. So here is the important part for you.

1. Connect the T911 to your computer with the serial cable
2. On the back of the device Set the dip switch settings to ‘on’ for 1 and 5
3. There should be a switch on the back of the T911, switch it to the left, looking from the card slot end. If there is no switch there may be a jumper you need to set.
4. Plug in the power supply.
5. The pot setting will be close to 2.2 ohms and does not need to be checked, unless as a last resort and you know what your doing. So don’t alter the pot setting.
6. Reboot your computer to avoid any cache problems
7. Start-up the XpAtmel Program
8. Select the D11 Flash by clicking on it and highlighting it.
9. Make sure COM1 is selected from the Drop down menu
10. Click on “Program”. The Atmel chip will begin to take its flash.
Note: If the Dip switch settings, jumper connection, connectivity to the COM1 port or the incorrect power supply is faulty; you will get an error message that the atmel could not be programmed
Thanks to Chriz 2000.

Last edited:
Mine is the Nexus t911 not the standard one, Ive tried what you have said, no luck at all :(

There isnt a switch on the back of mine or a jumper.

Just wondering when you plug your t911 in is the red light on ?
Also on the nexus no jumper so just 1st switch and last switch pushed down to flash it.

Hi,

yes its plugged in, yes it has a red light, switch one and switch 6 set to on, all the others set to off, and it cant find it. Should i try the dos way instead ? can it be done from a floppy ? is there a tut ?
Thanks

hi mate
in the orignal s/w there is atmeldrv.sys file if thats not there u will get similar prob. some file i dnloaded it did not have em

on the nexus i could not get it to flash with switch 1 and 5 on i also put 6 on and it flashed

ATMLDRV.SYS is present, also I have tried the following combinations of dip switches on, with now luck

1 + 6
1 + 5
1 + 5 + 6
2 + 5
2 + 6
2 + 5 + 6

and all on, and all off.

is my pot perhaps wrong ? if so how can i check / test this ?
any other ideas ?

inerita said:
ATMLDRV.SYS is present, also I have tried the following combinations of dip switches on, with now luck

1 + 6
1 + 5
1 + 5 + 6
2 + 5
2 + 6
2 + 5 + 6

and all on, and all off.

is my pot perhaps wrong ? if so how can i check / test this ?
any other ideas ?

are you resetting the nexus after each combination you try ?? {could be faulty glitcher otherwise}

Yes, I am reseting it.

Does the power supply have to be DC , or AC ,or does it not matter ? how important is the voltage, it apparently takes 9v-12v, but which voltage is best ?
Thanks.

Hi all
Could it be his com port or lead
check that im sure i read someone with same prob
turned out to be the lead wasnt in the nexus properly
Something to do with the case
But it could be faulty the 1st 1 i had was but got it from
Unapit so easily changed just toke a little time

Wil try anoother lead, and make sure its seated properly in the comm port.

m8 I had the exact same problem as you,tried everything you have, turned out to be faulty nexus

kinel said:
m8 I had the exact same problem as you,tried everything you have, turned out to be faulty nexus
<sob> Is there a way i can prove this to the seller ? i bought it on ebay </sob>

Is he a private seller or does he trade either way email him tell him it dont work.See what response you get, you can always leave negative feedback if you dont get any satisfaction,good luck.

Back