nextgen 1x & 2x(fixed epg)

Ive now been getting a problem with this image, everything works fine but once or twice a day the piture drops, and i get a pulseing white line top left hand of screen, and the LCD on the box has the beta research screen come on and that pulses too, the soft reset doesent work either, you have to unplug and restart. Any Thoughts?

Ibanez said:
Ive now been getting a problem with this image, everything works fine but once or twice a day the piture drops, and i get a pulseing white line top left hand of screen, and the LCD on the box has the beta research screen come on and that pulses too, the soft reset doesent work either, you have to unplug and restart. Any Thoughts?
i normally shutdown at night and its fine i dont get these probs m8 also saves energy m8

try it and report back tomorrow m8

cheers

initially had a couple of freezes with this image but after picking new cam and a different ucode rock solid with a lovely sharp picture thankyou

Ok, here is an update, i used box all day yesterday without a problem, shut down box and put on this morning, hours use and i get same problem as before, so i unplug it to restart it and message comes up rather than boot screen, only way to get it to stop was to keep it unplugeed for a minute or so, so i think it must be problem with my box. I have a second box so im gonna try that and see how that works.

Gav once again another great image, thnkyou sincerly!

You may remember me from a post on your last version with regards to the mounting sub directories.

As I'm sure you know in sportster images there are these sub-dirs in the /mnt dir.
/film
/music
/pictures
/recording

Yes, this is the english translation of those dir:)

Now, your last NG image didnt have any sub-dirs in the /mnt dir, just like this one.

But I ask you, please to add these dirs to your images as it solves all kinds of problems when browsing my movie server. If you check the default setting in (direct record settngs) in your image, you will see the default recording directory is "/mnt/film" Yet your image doesnt have this directory on it, it is missing.

You may think its a small thing, but for someone like me who uses all the facilities of the dbox to record, uses vlc, plays mp3s, looks at pics, etc... it is a pain to browse through all this as all pics, mps, recordings, movies get saved into the /mnt folder.

I have tried to make these sub-direcs myself using ftp, but cant seem to create them. If you dont forsee yourself adding these sub-dirs could you be kind enough to tell me how to create such dirs myself?

Your NG image would be perfect if I could get these sub-dirs in it. I know I'm not the only one who uses mp3,movies, pics, recoding on the dbox and those that do, will understand the difficulties if we dont have the sub-dirs.

Davido123 said:
Gav once again another great image, thnkyou sincerly!

You may remember me from a post on your last version with regards to the mounting sub directories.

As I'm sure you know in sportster images there are these sub-dirs in the /mnt dir.
/film
/music
/pictures
/recording

Yes, this is the english translation of those dir:)

Now, your last NG image didnt have any sub-dirs in the /mnt dir, just like this one.

But I ask you, please to add these dirs to your images as it solves all kinds of problems when browsing my movie server. If you check the default setting in (direct record settngs) in your image, you will see the default recording directory is "/mnt/film" Yet your image doesnt have this directory on it, it is missing.

You may think its a small thing, but for someone like me who uses all the facilities of the dbox to record, uses vlc, plays mp3s, looks at pics, etc... it is a pain to browse through all this as all pics, mps, recordings, movies get saved into the /mnt folder.

I have tried to make these sub-direcs myself using ftp, but cant seem to create them. If you dont forsee yourself adding these sub-dirs could you be kind enough to tell me how to create such dirs myself?

Your NG image would be perfect if I could get these sub-dirs in it. I know I'm not the only one who uses mp3,movies, pics, recoding on the dbox and those that do, will understand the difficulties if we dont have the sub-dirs.

yes m8 i do remember now

and sorry m8 i forgot all about it

in flashfxp right click on / folder and then Make folder thats how you do it m8

sorry about that m8

it totally sliped my mind about this one

cheers

hello guys got my m8 to flash my dbox 2 last night with the next gen x 2 image unfortunetaly he got a call out to work and didnt have enough time to put my service file back ot my dbox so what i did was scan for my channels i got everything back apart from any music channels is this correct for this image or should have these channels been there?a little help here

best reguards,
davross

hi gav installed 2x image for someone not getting all channels only getting fta ones set the sagem with ur options any clues why

axel1f said:
hi gav installed 2x image for someone not getting all channels only getting fta ones set the sagem with ur options any clues why

try changing the camd as the keys have rolled i think so try evocamd or newcamd and see what happens when the keys kick in they could take a few minutes at first so just leave it on sky one for a cuople of minutes and see how you go m8

cheers

cheers gav

also how to i make some screens big as they have the black borders round the picture

sorry for the question i know ur busy work on ur next image lol

axel1f said:
cheers gav

also how to i make some screens big as they have the black borders round the picture

sorry for the question i know ur busy work on ur next image lol

thats ok go to ....settings....video and change the format to whatever is best for you m8

cheers

cant download from rapidshare site

Sorry if this seems really stupid. BUt just how do i download from rapidshare to get this image. It only seems to ask me for an upload which i do but i cannot see how i go about downloading the file......Is it really obvious or am i just stoopid.:Doc:

Thanks for the great image :)

While im fine viewing TV normally im trying to stream it to my PC

Ive installed the latest VLC with the activex and mozilla plugin but when trying to view the picture in IE just get a white box with a traffic cone in it. Firefox just shows the background.

Ive set my computers IP address up in the recording section.

Ive kind of got it working with Wingrabtv and VLC but the picture tens to get stuttery & is not very reliable

Is there any solution to geting TV through the web interface or other programs I can use to stream from the box

Thanks

Hi Gav

put this image on yesterday all seems fine nice crisp picture smooth channel change and good sound.

bit of lip sync probs on itv2 (always seem to get a little bother on all images on this channel) sometimes but the pic is good usually it seems a bit gratey on other images.

also got the keywelt runnin on my other box (both nokia 2Xi) also had no probs with this at the mo.

good work mate .

merry Xmas :)

UPDATE:= after looking ok for many hours had to remove next gen major lip sync problems even on FTA

put both boxes on keywelt no probs so far.

:santa:

Last edited:
all the chans keep on loseing EPG have to use reset EPG
an 1yr 6 months old ver that used to be installed on this dbox
wish i had backed it up first

apart from that every thing els works (i try other ones)

{now looking other are haveing the problem (images) think i just get my friends Dbox and revert to the 07/2004 ver nextgen/netrino?}

this be nice to be fixed as i asume its an New bug in the upto date ver of EPG as i been useing this Box for 1 yr and i Never had to restart EPG on the old ver

Last edited:
Back