nextgen 1x & 2x(fixed epg)

yes please thats a strange one m8

cheers

Has anybody been able to switch to ucode0014 with this image? I copied over the mmops file, and selecting AVIA600 or 500 works just fine, but the ucode selection stays on built-in.

New image.

Hi,
I have just put the new 2x Next gen image onto my nokia dbox2, and it works better than both of the images Im have used in the past (boxcracker 3.5 and sportster 1.74). Thanks for the efforts.

Regards Cain.

señor ding dong said:
Has anybody been able to switch to ucode0014 with this image? I copied over the mmops file, and selecting AVIA600 or 500 works just fine, but the ucode selection stays on built-in.

ill have a look into this m8

hi cain thankyou very much m8

cheers

señor ding dong said:

ok jus checked it and once you choose it restart box which i just did and then goto service menu and check ucodes it says ucode: ucode_0014 so it does work but in the gavs menu its doesnt say the its selected but you know its there m8

a bit weird but it works

try it and report back dont forget to reboot afterwards though

cheers

gav12345 said:
ok jus checked it and once you choose it restart box which i just did and then goto service menu and check ucodes it says ucode: ucode_0014 so it does work but in the gavs menu its doesnt say the its selected but you know its there m8
I followed your instructions, but it didn't work. It says 001a under Check Ucodes, although it's still on Built-in on Gav's Menu. Also, when I select 0014 from the menu, it thinks about it for a bit, but instead of the usual prompt to restart the box, it just goes back to the menu. I have 755'ed all the ucodes just to make sure that wasn't the problem, but no joy.

Everything seems to work perfectly, thanks a lot for all the hard work Gav.:)

Edit : Apart from the ucode problem, tried to change to ucode14 and restarted box manually. But its still using ucode001a.

señor ding dong said:
I followed your instructions, but it didn't work. It says 001a under Check Ucodes, although it's still on Built-in on Gav's Menu. Also, when I select 0014 from the menu, it thinks about it for a bit, but instead of the usual prompt to restart the box, it just goes back to the menu. I have 755'ed all the ucodes just to make sure that wasn't the problem, but no joy.

i dont understand it if you try putting this file here /var/tuxbox/config/ and overwrite it

then try it and give me some feedback please also make sure they are all set to 644 chmod

cheers

gav12345 said:
i dont understand it if you try putting this file here /var/tuxbox/config/ and overwrite it

then try it and give me some feedback please also make sure they are all set to 644 chmod

cheers
That did the trick. Cheers, Gav.

Just tried this file, picked ucode14 and picked restart from the bottom of the ucdoe menu (but the box crashed) so i unplugged it and booted it up again and its now using ucode14. Cheers.

all is welcome

thanks for spotting it

weird but works and thats the main thing

cheers all

Just incase anyone is wondering,

Dboxwinsrv works fine for recording with this image.
BitControl works fine for watching tv on your pc with this image.

was using sporster and getting a couple of freezes a day changed to this and rock steady not one and ive been running it a couple of days now

jjlee said:
was using sporster and getting a couple of freezes a day changed to this and rock steady not one and ive been running it a couple of days now

well thanks m8

we are to try and make images better if we can m8

cheers

Hi Gav,

this image must be the best yet for picture quality - absolutely excellent. The only small gripe is that you cant select SUSI. Am a right in thinking that this image will update any new channels that come online?

ivorhooper said:
Hi Gav,

this image must be the best yet for picture quality - absolutely excellent. The only small gripe is that you cant select SUSI. Am a right in thinking that this image will update any new channels that come online?

good idea m8

but i dont think so

susi you dont need it just ftp the plugins and games m8 thats all the thing is its not sportster might look like it but its not

it was hard enough to get the image the way it is now so find what you want and ftp it on the box for the extras thats fine

cheers

Gav,

I can get games to work when FTP ing them but its just tuxmail. The only way I can get it to work is through SUSI - its doing my head in! Anyway, I think I will stick with this image - for at least a week (until you or Liam release an even better image) lol

Hi brilliant forum, you guys are great.

I am new and have a nokia that stopped working since Friday eve, on t'w*st in bradford. Only FTA channels but I also get of all other channels f.row 20!

I have a sp174 image, do you think I should change it to nextgen? sorry I am a real novice, I have a null modem cable and crossover wire, but out of the four files you listed, which should I down laod?

Thanks for your help

Great Image

great Image gav really stable & can use direct file recording to pc .. no probs.. Picture quality superb - keep up the good work & thanks

cheers....long live the dbox!

Back