VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been playing again!! lol

But I now have MGcamd going on it now as well and au'ing & working fine

So Evocamd + Newcamd + Mgcamd all the very latest versions out

And the Abilty to create an image through the tuxflash as well

This new version has not been released anywhere in the world as of yet

Bruteforce scanning with these options sym6887 and sym6952 areas mine picks up everything

Even thrown in the susi for adding plugins and games only

Very latest Avia500 and Avia600 drivers

Updated files to bring out the very best picture

Sounds good well It is nearly finished now

I am not in competiton as he is doing enigma and I am stcking with neutrino images

Does that sound better let me know your views?

No more adding files as this is "unproffessional"

Thumbs Up All The Way

Hey, cant wait........I dont think you and Liam are seen as or being pitched in competition, both of you work hard on these which gives us a great commodity, choice. i ALWAYS try each of yours and Liams images and always will.

iam the same as loady i try both of your files in fact you know me i run one box on yours and one with liams and i cant wait either to try this new from you

Dingodog said:
Will this new cam be incorporated dare I ask into the sportster image

well i dont know about that i dont know if you can add it via susi as i got it working

cheers

gav12345 said:
i have been playing again!! lol

But I now have MGcamd going on it now as well and au'ing & working fine

So Evocamd + Newcamd + Mgcamd all the very latest versions out

And the Abilty to create an image through the tuxflash as well

This new version has not been released anywhere in the world as of yet

Bruteforce scanning with these options sym6887 and sym6952 areas mine picks up everything

Even thrown in the susi for adding plugins and games only

Very latest Avia500 and Avia600 drivers

Updated files to bring out the very best picture

Sounds good well It is nearly finished now

I am not in competiton as he is doing enigma and I am stcking with neutrino images

Does that sound better let me know your views?

No more adding files as this is "unproffessional"

Thumbs Up All The Way

Any idea when it might be ready gav?

has i wont get rid of my boxcracker image till your new ones done now.
:Cheers:

bigga said:
Any idea when it might be ready gav?

has i wont get rid of my boxcracker image till your new ones done now.
:Cheers:

well im still working on it as we speak cant give a time though

all i can say is "I am getting there"

cheers all

Last edited:
ok people i need a tester that has got 6592 scanning in there area have sent a couple of pms out but im still waiting

any volunteers its just to test the scanning and nothing else for my new image and you must have the next-gen on there box as well as 6952 scanning

i will only choose someone that has knowledge in the dbox scene

cheers

Hi Gav i have 6952 scanning i am willing to give it a go ?:Cheers: Griz I have nokia 2x

ok then test this one then may work may not

just give me feedback ASAP

remember to backup this file first

ok in share/tuxbox delette cables.xml

then in var/tuxbox/config

place the file

then tuxbox commander find the

cables.xml file in var/tuxbox/config on the right or left side and on the other side find the folder in share/tuxbox

then highlight the cables.xml then press the "0" button then yes or ok

(dont change the name)

then shutdown the box turn back on and do a scan with fast scan off

feedback please only and remember to backup the original cables.xml

let me know how you got on dont forget it might not work its only a test might need some tweaking still

Last edited:
also backup your services.xml and your bouquets.xml

Gav ive done everything you have said above but when i go to scan there is no 6952 there is just 6887 is this right? it also says transponder scan failed?

Hi Gav, firstly may I say your doing a bloody great job on the dbox scene:)
Its great to create an image and release it to the pubic like you do, but I really feel, you like some others must be thanked for the follow-up in replying to people who test your images.

Ive been playing with the stable NextGen Latest image and it is brilliant. However at the same time, I've been setting up and tweaking a stand-alone server for direct-recording and playing movies via VLC.

In your image /mnt dir you do not have a sub dir as other images do.
i.e.
/movies
/mp3s
/pictures
/record

Might be an idea to add in next update?

I have the image working with VLC and playing movies. I did have dbox connected via bridges over wireless network, but I couldnt elimiate the "buffer" sign during play. So, I bought a compaq work-station off fleebay, which included a 250gb HDD & 512mb for £80+£15p&p to be my movie server, connected directly to the dbox via a wireless router. I have bittorrent on it to download movies & mp3s directly from net and can continue to use my main pc while the kids, etc watch their movies via dbox. I concidered this an excellent and cheap way of achieving my dedicated movie/mp3 server.

So, I have been trying to get it playing all formats of movies without the dreaded "buffer" happening every so often. I've tried every type of settings in the record section and in movie player section, audio & video and even tweaked on the PC side, but nothing would stop it. I've even spent several hours reading up on VLCLan website for a fix, but nothing. However, I finally cracked and can confirm changing the network card settgins on your pc too 10/Half-Duplex does in fact eliminate the "buffer" happening during play. It seems the pc was shifting the feed out upto 100T while the dbox could only recieve at 10T, thus creating a back-log in the pc, leading to "buffer" With the pc network card set to 10T/Half-Duplex it nowpushes the movie stream out as fast as the dbox can take it.

After you have stopped a recording on your image, the channel sometimes go blank. Changing channels does nothing. You MUST restart CAMD, which ALWAYS corrects the blank channels.

Direct-File Record:
When in use it records 3 files for every recording stream.
i.e.

Sky_News__2005-11-27_180204 1kb TYPE:XML
Sky_News__2005-11-27_180204.001.0 8756 TYPE:0
Sky_News__2005-11-27_180204.001.1 585 TYPE:1

So its obviously doing the recording. However, when I try and playback the file via moviesplayer, TS play and selecting the largest of the 3 files, which is the movie file, it doesnt seem to work. Its displays the filename on the Dbox display, blank screen for 30secs, then goes back to the record directory, listing all availible recordings. Solution to this is to enable SPTS. So, unless there is depremental effects to STPS on be default , it might be an idea to enable on next image. As for watching TV while recording, enabling ucode014 will resolve this. Why not have this enabled by default also, or is your current default UCode better?

I have one problem, when I play back the recorded TX file, a menu comes up entiled "Streams" And options to choose one. I've never seen this before on any image I've used (and I've used them all) Any ideas on a quick fix for this? Im sure its a setting somewhere I have missed.

Once again thanks on images, the advise, the continued support you give to this group gav. This long thread is written to help others as well as myself. If you ever need beta testing done, just pm me, I follow your work on this and other forums:)

Dave

Last edited:
Griz said:
Gav ive done everything you have said above but when i go to scan there is no 6952 there is just 6887 is this right? it also says transponder scan failed?

driz double check m8 that you have done it right cause you should of got something m8

Last edited:
Please check everything again . I checked and double checked everything in the Tuts , every thing Gav , and the other members said , and it worked a treat , image flashing , channel scan , now up and smoking well

cheers gyprock

gav done it twice got all my orginal channels but when i went to scan it says something like transponder failed by the way it is 6952

Davido123 said:
In your image /mnt dir you do not have a sub dir as other images do.
i.e.
/movies
/mp3s
/pictures
/record
i will apply that thanks for the info m8

So its obviously doing the recording. However, when I try and playback the file via moviesplayer, TS play and selecting the largest of the 3 files, which is the movie file, it doesnt seem to work. Its displays the filename on the Dbox display, blank screen for 30secs, then goes back to the record directory, listing all availible recordings. Solution to this is to enable SPTS. So, unless there is depremental effects to STPS on be default , it might be an idea to enable on next image. As for watching TV while recording, enabling ucode014 will resolve this. Why not have this enabled by default also, or is your current default UCode better?
yes m8 will in settings recording spts on but my box works better on
ucode001a so this i will leave and people can change this if they need it

I have one problem, when I play back the recorded TX file, a menu comes up entiled "Streams" And options to choose one. I've never seen this before on any image I've used (and I've used them all) Any ideas on a quick fix for this? Im sure its a setting somewhere I have missed.
i dont know about this one m8 as i dont use the recording or the playback

Once again thanks on images, the advise, the continued support you give to this group gav. This long thread is written to help others as well as myself. If you ever need beta testing done, just pm me, I follow your work on this and other forums:)

Dave

thankyou for your feedback m8

mind you in other images they only have the /mnt folder only so i will stick with that m8 is that ok

Back