Next-Gen News Update

hi gav still the same done all in tut it only comes up with 6952 then when i go for scan comes back transponder failed

gav12345 said:
mind you in other images they only have the /mnt folder only so i will stick with that m8 is that ok

Problem with that is that this puts all your movies, mp3, pcitures and recording in one directory. If you could create these folders on your image, then they can be easily sorted. I tried creating them myself using FTP, but seems I cant change /mnt directory permissions. These dirs are on sportster, etc.. for ease of sorting as described above.

everyone that tested please look in share/tuxbox and tell me what you have in there as mine is scanning just fine at the mo still scanning though

please make sure you have deletted the cables.xml and that all that is in there is a shortcut only thats cables.xml it should work for anyone using my
next-gen image it will not work on others

so far found 24 transponders and all going well

can someone please double check the settings that i have posted important

you lot need to look at these settings again people as i have got the channels going in the scan now there is something wrong with what you have done but i dont know what

but one thing you must be able to switch between the 2 providers if not then there is something wrong with what you have done

dont forget no cables.xml in share/tuxbox

and put cables.xml in var/tuxbox/config

and create shortcut of cables.xml in share/tuxbox

do that in tuxbox commander then get it back to tv picture then shutdown then turn back on

then see if you can toggle between the 2 providers

my scan is finished and i got 330 channels no problems

come on people someone sus this out please as i cannot publish this image until someone does it

Gav, not sure why you would want to create a shortcut to /var/tuxbox/config/cables.xml in /share/tuxbox. putting the actual cables.xml file in the share/tuxbox folder would have the same effect???

Also remember that along with the cables.xml file you must have a scan.conf file (in most cases).
Just writing my thoughts.

liamcrayden said:
Gav, not sure why you would want to create a shortcut to /var/tuxbox/config/cables.xml in /share/tuxbox. putting the actual cables.xml file in the share/tuxbox folder would have the same effect???

Also remember that along with the cables.xml file you must have a scan.conf file (in most cases).
Just writing my thoughts.

liam m8 how you doing

what area are you in m8 6592 or 6887?

i cant explain why i am doing it until that bit is sorted as i said im testing new grounds to get the best results

cheers

cheers m8 when you eventually go to a neurtrino image give me a shout and ill explain a little more to you m8

the process is not working abviously so i have to start again on it

heres the laugh i was trying to mod cydines zapit ith next-gen zapit but it has just crashed on me again so im scrapping this scanning project but i do want some one to test the cables.xml that i posted normally as the other way might of worked but it hasn't so nevermind

liam or anyone can you give some feedback to weather this modded cables.xml works on 6592 as i know it works for 6887 in the normal way now please

cheers

gav tried it again when i go into share then tuxbox inside this file i have lcd folder neutrino folder and cables ,deleted cables and followed your tut when i scanned only got 6592the was no other it done scan but lasted about 30 secs and i ended up with a bouquete called alle kanle?

gav12345 said:
cheers m8 when you eventually go to a neurtrino image give me a shout and ill explain a little more to you m8

the process is not working abviously so i have to start again on it

heres the laugh i was trying to mod cydines zapit ith next-gen zapit but it has just crashed on me again so im scrapping this scanning project but i do want some one to test the cables.xml that i posted normally as the other way might of worked but it hasn't so nevermind

liam or anyone can you give some feedback to weather this modded cables.xml works on 6592 as i know it works for 6887 in the normal way now please

cheers

Hi mate,

what are you trying to do with the cables.xml. Ive just managed to add cydines zapit to the my new pro and am performing a scan now so I may be able to help.

de_deej

notanotherone said:
gav tried it again when i go into share then tuxbox inside this file i have lcd folder neutrino folder and cables ,deleted cables and followed your tut when i scanned only got 6592the was no other it done scan but lasted about 30 secs and i ended up with a bouquete called alle kanle?

ok m8 there should of been a shortcut in there but just forget it know m8 just put everything back and thanks for your hard work on this m8

it was worth a try so i know it wont work

what you can do it just put that cables.xml in the sharetuxbox folder and restart your dbox then see if that toggle between them and see if that scans m8

rk176 said:
doing a scan now 246 transponders so far. Thats on 6952

thankyou very much m8 let me know when you have finished

as i just got all my channels and some of the channels have changed like private blue is now called Hustler TV UK weird but true

and first time 100 percent scan

Last edited:
gav
scan complet looks like it all went ok dont think it found any extra channels
Any thingy you need to know mate

rk176 said:
gav
scan complet looks like it all went ok dont think it found any extra channels
Any thingy you need to know mate

thats fine did you find out the channels have changed like private blue is now called Hustler TV UK in the scan m8

I dont get private blue the redhot channels have not been picked up and front row has gone as well I did have the first 9 I put my old service files back on as i did have them today
gav12345 said:
thats fine did you find out the channels have changed like private blue is now called Hustler TV UK in the scan m8

Back