Newzbin

Monty

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to Newzbin.com. Seems to be members only yet you can't sign up. Was handy for searching the best files and displaying the newsgroups. Anyone know a decent alternative ?

cheers

monty

Taken from their main page:

'You may have noticed that if you logout, you now cannot see any of the site except a login page.

From now on, if you're not logged in, you don't use any of Newzbin. This applies to both v2 and v3 sites.

You can still invite people if you like, but there is no indication on the front page (other than a "don't email us" bit) that anyone can get a new account.

The site should continue to work completely as normal once you're logged in.'

Looks like they changed it to members only.

Yep members only and you need an invite to join.

I have 1 0r 2 if you want one....you need to pm me your email addy tho.

Edit: I see I do not have PM active as yet...I do have invites available tho.

Last edited:
newzleech is good but theres no comments thats lm with newzbin

Newzbin has went downhill over the past few years, they don't even index Nintendo Wii games and there are always loads of stuff missing from their movies and music.

I was a customer for about 5 years but I quit last month and moved over to NZBRUS, which is equally shit but I got a lifetime membership for under a tenner :)

Merlins Portal is another excellent freesite, with a forum for comments as such.

Newzbin has went downhill over the past few years,

Its went downhill big time. Probably because they have lost a lot of their best editors due to them willing to hand over any evidence to authorities if asked to do so, including the editors details. I am sure you have noticed they don't have the editors name beside the post now.

I still use it but it isnt as good as it was. Nzbdogz is free and apparently quite good.

I agree, but the usenet(cond) function covers everything I have ever needed. And then you've got usenet(raw) for the odd file.

They do index Wii games on there. They were a bit slow on the uptake, but it now has its own section.

i use nzbmatrix

Just checked tihs site out, & found Battlefield Bad Company PAL X360 Allstars, which is not even posted on Newzin yet, think I will be using this site from now on.

Thanks m8

They do index Wii games on there. They were a bit slow on the uptake, but it now has its own section.

On Newzbin mate?

Every time I click on it it's completely empty.

That's the one I use mate, but to be honest I've not even checked the Wii section for months :)

wii section witchy.

My wifes whinging at me for frank clarke watercolour dvds.

Can I find em, can i bugger. No nzbs and torrents are dead.

Means I don't get any peace tonight.

Completely empty mate, as it always appears to be, other sites have a bustling Wii section.

Here's a screen shot of the page taken a few minutes ago with my login.

Completely empty mate, as it always appears to be, other sites have a bustling Wii section.

Here's a screen shot of the page taken a few minutes ago with my login.

m8 you dont have any credit left that's why your not seeing anything

Back