Newsgroups ...................ect

boycie

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI Guys,

Just a quicky? i have subscribed to Newzbin, which I understand is a decent search engine for downloads ect.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to what is the best Newsgroup (Pref A Free One) to use with this? I might be sounding a bit dumb, but i am alittle new to this downloading lark, and fed up with the quality I get of Mr Wong's DVD titles that I am getting in B&Q's Car Park.

A little info will be most appreciated, as this site (DW) has not failed me yet..

Regards

Boycie

Dont know if there are any good free ones.

I pay £10 for unlimited downloads from NewsDemon.

They give you a free program too but i prefer NewsLeecher.

Most of the free ones don't have the important binary groups.

Its worth looking to see if your ISP provides you with access to a news server: _http://www.usenettools.net/ISP.htm#UK

Of note:
  • BT customers get free access to Giganews' European servers, and option 3 customers now have uncapped d/l limits (for nearly £30 a month you'd hope to get something out of them!!!).
  • NTL customers get free access to NTL's own newsgroups (NB binary retention on NTL's servers is low at about 10 days, and there are no alt.binaries.dvd or a.b.multimedia groups). Following the Virgin merger Virgin Media customers may want to try news.virgin.com too.

i use xnews but i think you have to be with blueyonder to get it free

Last edited:
the ntl news group is good , but news demon has lots and lots of nbz`s i use newsbin pro but u can use grab it

i have got ntl, can i use newzbin and newsdemon together,

i have got ntl, can i use newzbin and newsdemon together,

newzbin=search
newsdemon=server 10 quid a month
newsbin pro =prog for downloading=app 22 quid one off
u will also need quick par=free

this is wat i use with good results.

have you tried NewsLeecher, so i will have no problems using newzbin and newsdemon on ntl

Back