newsgroup

Jade

I WANT I WANT I WANT
Reaction score
what is the best tool to use to download off newsgroup i tryed grabit and i couldnt get it to work it just said couldnt conect to server then retrying

Its prob something you've done m8, maybe a wrong password or
something,
but the best program out there is called newsleecher , from
the usual places

I use newsleecher which I find quite useful.

Sounds like an obvious question, but are you sure you have your settings correct.

I use newsreacter.

As the other say, check your settings. As you trying to connect to your ISP news server or a third party one ?

I used to use Newsleecher but it refuses to work on my PC after a while. I now use grabit and find that just as good if not better.

With newsleecher you have to run quickpar on the pars that come with the download.

Grabit does all that for you :)

I used to use Newsleecher but it refuses to work on my PC after a while. I now use grabit and find that just as good if not better.

With newsleecher you have to run quickpar on the pars that come with the download.

Grabit does all that for you :)

Not strictly true mate, with the new versions you can set Newsleecheer to auto par and repair

much improved mate it's now version 3.9 which is pretty stable in Vista for me anyway ;-)

Newsbin Pro for me, it's the only one that gives me all the server messages/errors etc that I need.

All the rest are gash ;)

Back