Newsgroup speeds

calisto

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is anyone having trouble with the newsgroups?

Up until sat was downlaoding at over 1000kbs but from yesterday as down to 7kbs, am on TW & with Newsleecher & Newshosting

Thanks

PS Download is fine if download a rar file from somewhere else

im in pure

mine been full 10mb

check network status and ur news group status

tw might be throttling ur connection

Telewest have admitted to 'traffic shaping'

I contacted Newshosting as I was unhappy about the fluctuating speeds, and not going anymore over 400kb/s whereas the connection is 10meg.

Try using port 7000,8000,9000 as it forces newshosting to send the data packets via different routes, I find port 7000 and 9000 to work the best.

TW still throttle it especially during the weekends.

Try using port 7000,8000,9000 as it forces newshosting to send the data packets via different routes, I find port 7000 and 9000 to work the best.

Thanks M8, wil give those ports ago & will report back.

Update: Have just changed it to 7000 & seems to be working ok, many thanks: big crow

Last edited:
Hi....what do you mean by 'throttling' ?? they advertise thier broadband on tv now as 'NO LImITS'. so if they are doing it to stop you attaining the top of your paid for speed then that is wrong.

what they mean by no limits is no download/upload restrictions, such as an allowance of say 40gb/month.

You don't see any adverts stating we traffic shape heavy users.. its something they'd keep quiet.

my newsgroup is at half speed too, has been a few days now. ntl here + Newsdemon. normally 1.2MB/sec

changed ports and progs and still same ;(

ntl newsgroups are full speed

so .. either ntl is throttling Newsdemon, or Newsdemon is throttling me (lol)

Back