Newly shipped Skybox F3 doesn't list Galaxy 19 How do you scan satellite not on list?

Thomas William

Inactive User
Reaction score
Newly shipped Skybox F3 doesn't list Galaxy 19. How do you scan satellite not on list?

NO LINKS PLEASE has some type of zip drive online and they shipped a wifi adapter for updates. I attempted to update using wifi but the server listed on the Skybox screen will not accept communication.

Is there another accessible on-line server or do I even need to update the firmware?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Newly shipped Skybox F3 doesn't list Galaxy 19 How do you scan satellite not on l

leave the firmware as is and manually add the sat.
There should be a colored button on the sat list screen that lets you add sats.

Re: Newly shipped Skybox F3 doesn't list Galaxy 19 How do you scan satellite not on l

Thank you for your assistance. We left Skybox as is then went to their website and downloaded ****.abs exentsion file on to a usb stick. Inserted stick into front panel and the receiver automatically added all the specs. Too much to manual entered. We had a test receiver from another company so alignment was not the issue. Skybox receivers will not blind scan unless you have ALL the specs.

We tried to add Galaxy 19 - 97W as you suggested a few days and it would not scan in. Once we updated factory firmware, 500 plus channels populated.

Thank you very much.

when adding sat data manually you have to match all the settings to your physical sat setup.Type of lnb,switch settings etc.
I have a diseqc switch and standard ku linear lnb,so I have to match those settings.
BTW 97w still has radio channels nagra2 that old receivers will still decode,a few channels similar to xm radio.I don't know if the f3 still does nagra2.

Thank you for your assistance. We left Skybox as is then went to their website and downloaded ****.abs exentsion file on to a usb stick. Inserted stick into front panel and the receiver automatically added all the specs. Too much to manual entered. We had a test receiver from another company so alignment was not the issue. Skybox receivers will not blind scan unless you have ALL the specs.

We tried to add Galaxy 19 - 97W as you suggested a few days and it would not scan in. Once we updated factory firmware, 500 plus channels populated.
*****************************************************************************************

what exactly did u downloaded? and where from? im having the same problem here i bought a new F3 and doesnt give me enough channels =( could u help me? PLease.

Back