newcs & cccam

gentlex

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys, im wondering if someone can steer me in the right direction!!!
done the cccam debian server thing already but now im bored with that so onto the next project ... im trying to do newcs & cccam.
I got it all setup (newcs with user & password in newcs and n:line to cccam cfg) both install on the same debian server, but newcs is showing as offline in cccam webinfo.
all ports are forward and newcs is seing and reconising my viaccess card with smargo in telnet, but just cant make a connection with an outside cccam box as a client... which brings me to my next Q??? how do u connect a cline to nline in cccam or does have nline to nline for a client to connect to cccam with an nline from newcs.(if that makes any sense)

eventually i want to try newcs and mgcamd, as digi always goes on about it, but for now im just trying to understand how newcs and cccam works together

thx for help in advance

All I can help with here (from hearsay) is the startup pecking order, m8. newcs needs to start first, then a sleep 2 command, then CCcam. Do you have something similar?

Cheers- AL :)
thx m8, ]never heard of it... neewbie on this linux stuff but i'll look it up... next is need to figure out this cccam nline cline bussiness

You need to edit your rc.local to allow each cam to start up individually with a sleep command between each one, like this.

#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.
/var/bin/newcs.i686
sleep 5
/var/bin/CCcam.x86

exit 0

You also need to add an N: line to CCcam containing your DES key port number and user pass, it should look something like this.

N: 127.0.0.1 15001 newcs csnew 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256

Regards

Liam

well got there in the end... got that pesky spider finally working sweet on ncamd (after sitting in the closet for 6 months collecting dust} while my 2 others dm's going smooth on CC...
now all i need now is a startup script for ncamd... if anyone knows where i can find 1 i't would be much appreciated

....next stop mgcamd

Back