newbies technical guide for C/S

So the ip of both boxes could be the same, aslong as they are not conflicting with any other ips on the local networks

Sent From My Rooted HTC Desire Using Tapatalk

In theory yes as they are in two different locations/houses,
but its no harm keeping all boxes you are working on different so you know whats what,

my main point was that it wont matter as its not the ip of the box that gets broadcast and connected to, its the ip/dns address of your pc that does this,
this then leads your connection to port xyz which then connects you to the box that actually is the server :)

Hi peeps
can some one say which image is ok to flash to dm 500s, Ive tried a few but still struggling to get box working. also how do you know if enigma 1 or two.
hoping to use a c:line.
fantastic tutorial helped a lot but must be my grey cells not functioning poperly, still a newbie to this game
any help gladly received.

antwan:1979043 said:
Hi peeps
can some one say which image is ok to flash to dm 500s, Ive tried a few but still struggling to get box working. also how do you know if enigma 1 or two.
hoping to use a c:line.
fantastic tutorial helped a lot but must be my grey cells not functioning poperly, still a newbie to this game
any help gladly received.
Pli jade 3 for dm500 works on the the c or s, there is also a Maxvar version with more var space available

Thanks for that Yosser
still havin prob
can you tell me which cccam or newcamd will work I've put CCcam 2.2.1 on also newcamd but neither seem to work.
also in softcam set up do i just select the provider (BskyB) for cccam/newcam leaving channel and default softcam on default.
any advise or help much apreciated.

well i ve been on the site for an hour and found my way here. not everything has sunk in but reading the original post everything seemed to be step by step and extremely helpful. im more interested in a set up for myself for the time being and havent even invested in all i will need yet. help will be appreciated in direction to more how tos and any more newbie info anybody thinks i will require. which dish to buy would be a good start also. anyway , massive thanks to the original poster for making things understandable. shame your a red ! only joking ! good luck for the new season !

Hello all am a newbie have read all in the trend the tut is really well written think im gonna give it a try see how i get on. Thanks again for the tut.

Please help after doing more reading i now found out there is no longer a dm500s And if i do come across one new its a fake.
1. Does the fake do the same job or is it a stay well clear from
2.Is there another box i should go for(Im a newbee so witch box would be the best for me)
3.Dream box or VU+.
Im lost now where do i start now.Any help would be much greatefull!

Fakes/clones are just as good,in fact most of them are better tbh,
they work exactly the same and you can use the same images,except some of the Gemini ones, and plugins etc

If you are looking for High Def then it depends on your budget :)

Fakes/clones are just as good,in fact most of them are better tbh,
they work exactly the same and you can use the same images,except some of the Gemini ones, and plugins etc

If you are looking for High Def then it depends on your budget :)

Wiz. Thank you so much for your reply! That sorts that prob for me.Can you advise me on the best place to get one from don't wanna get ripped off read alot about web sites rippin people off.im after dm500s. if its better for you please pm me.Thanks.

Hello Everyone! I got a problem and im total lost. I flashed my dream box 500s(clone) with Commando v14 lastest got all fta chans no probs there. But now im trying to set up a connection so i can have a box in each room. But this is where im STUCK!!!! i am using my sub card and i have the box key but this is where i get stuck following bod he says:now open dream control center and look in the bottom left you will see options telnet/tools/ftp click on ftp , now double click on var dir , now double click on etc dir , now single click on cccam.cfg!!!!
I dont have cccam.cfg so what do i do or have i done something wrong somewhere. Any help would be great.

sure that image comes without cams and cfg file, you will need to manually download them. have a look here for a ready to go image if thats what you want https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/274287/
Thank you so much Fox for your help works perfect!!!!!:

If i did want to do it manually how would i go about this. Is there a tut on it i have searched but cant seem to fing how to do this manually i woked out cccam but its the cfg i got problems with. how to make one.

Last edited by a moderator:
sure that image comes without cams and cfg file, you will need to manually download them. have a look here for a ready to go image if thats what you want https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/274287/

Sorry guys stuck again i got my sub card working and no problem. But now im trying to reshare to my living room what do i need to do ive put f line in but nothing do both boxes need the same image? Any help would br gr8 again.

Last edited by a moderator:
a cfg file can be made out of notepad just need to rename the file CCcam.cfg
Fline will be in server F: username password
Cline will be client box C: 192.168.1.6 12000 username password
12000 is your server listen and 192.168.1.6 is the ip addy of your server. you may change these to suit your setup

Over the moon!!!!!!! Finally Can i thank everyone for there help! MASSIVE THANKS TO FIREFOX!!!!!!

glad to see your sorted, stay around the forum and add to thread what got you up and running as it might help others

I really dont know where i was going wrong so what i did was start all over again flashed both boxes again.
1.In my server box i put this F: box1 password. Then on another line i put F: box2 password & on another line i put. SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000.

2.In box 1 i put this C: ip-of-server 12000 box1 password.

3.Restarted both boxes = Up & running..

My new problem now is i would like to use Commando 14.4 image on 2nd box but that image comes without CCcam & CCam.cfg. I know where to get CCcam and i know how to make a CCam.cfg but witch CCam do i use?

Last edited:
hi

you can use any cccam2.13 onwards I use 2.13 version

Your CCcam.cfg file goes in /var/etc/ and your chosen version of CCcam goes in /var/bin/emu (Note: it must be named CCcam in order for the system to recognize it)

hope this may help

Back