newbies guide

FC Sniper

Inactive User
Reaction score
hiya

great addtion to he forum

has anyone got a newbies guide to set these dreamboxs up on telew**t cable

thanks

I would'nt mind a guide aswell for an NTL area.

Theres a short 4 step one somewhere I've seen.... if we need a detailed one like I done for the DBOX2 then give me a shout and I'll knock something up.

We certainly do liam, I'm ordering my Dreambox D500c tmrw and something with a bit more detail would be brill, thanx in advance O learned one lol

Same here, my fleamail arrived today and due to arrive tommorow or Friday so I'll be putting something together for other DW members, I have already posted some software which may be useful and will keep an eye out for any other useful stuff I can lay my hands on.

Having lots of problems setting my box up as well. Would love a step by step guide for this as well.

To flash a dreambox 500c you need FLASHWIZARD_PRO_5.2 boot up the box and get the network address set your network card on you computer one up from your dreambox then run flashwizard pro go into configuration and utilities set the dreambox ip: mine is 192:168:1:29 the login is root password is dreambox

Then go to install a firmware into flash memory and drop your image into drag and drop and the box will now flash

Once you have uploaded the above image to your DM500c just do a manual scan using the default freq. and symbol rate for your region and select network search, this should find all the channels.

got this from here

but aint had no joy with it

have d/l both the gemini105uk images from here
found that the image in several rar parts goes through the motions but doesnt seem to end up on me dreambox

the image d/l in one part locks up partially through flashing?

have me dreambox connected through router seems to talk to flashwizardpro and goes through the procedure of connecting/erasing/flashing etc but dosent seem to change the enigma panel.
im guessing once flashed should get gemini panel?

have tried flashwizard pro 5 and latest version 6 but both versions the progress bar etc dosent move?

had major scare laptop died when flashing and dreambox ended up blank screen and no response couldnt even turn it off.............whoops

but dont panic if this happens to you
1 d/l dreamup and firmware from dreambox site
2 connect your box to computor via the rs232 cable
3 start dreamup load up firmware
4 plug in mains
5 hey presto box revived

anyone got any further im trying to source crossover patch lead to connect box directly to comp to see if that works

have tried it what firmware did you have when you flashed it i notice there is a new 1.08 that when i flashed this on me box ended up with some games and more options that didnt have was wondering if the gemini image wasnt compatable with this firmware
though have tried with firmware 1.06 and still no joy
did you flash with crossover lead?
as thinking this is my problem

yip i used a cross over cable and serial null modem cable if your using a dm500-c on cable then you could either intall one of the gemini's (theres a 2.40 in the downloads) or a neutrino image. i've got gemini 1.05 but am going to try neutrino next week. as a couple of posts down someone has used it and got it to work so you could try that. firmware 1.08 is no good as you wont recieve all channels

ive given up for now need a crossover cable
one thing to note is dreamup will not flash connected via me laptop with usb to rs232 convertor strange? as i use it fine for me technomate sat updates

I had a play today and the Gemini 2.40 DOES not contain a cam (evocamd) this is what you need to emulate a smartcard for your chosen provider, it's understandable why it's released like that.

So its my intention (learning by numbers) to attempt to update the gemini 2.40 with the same evocam (1.55) as in Gemini 1.05 but it'll probably be a little 'rough' for my first atempt.

As for 'flashing' I have seen that if you use Dreamup (Gemini 1.05) it doesn't seem to work correctly maybe it's just me however FlashWizard Pro works ok.

I am going to put a guide of sorts together (but I have a router) so it'll need to be added to by those on here who have a PC > Box connection.

What I have found is that you need to have the null serial & rj45 connected simply for speed, it takes bloody ages otherwise.

have noticed that the gemini image from this site gives this line in dreamup when trying to flash it

21:05:56 Found no valid jffs2 in image, flash-erase not supported

is this why cant get it loaded
would it be possible for someone to reupload the working image

as have just loaded the nuetrino image ok with dreamup

Did you manage to install Evocamd to the Neutrino image?

I originally posted the non modified Gemini image 2.40 in the download section!

I will edit the post and upload it again, but it's the same one that i use and i have never had any problems with the image!

The only problem that i had was trying to get it to run on the new evocamd Emu...and recieve all the channels (but nearly there)

I have found that dream up does not work for me, flash pro does nothing for my mate......i think the problem here is more to do with images being incomplete.....io have basically had to hack together my dreambox using peoples back up images......i stated before that i thought there was going to be an influx of information on this dreambox, this is why i got one, people saying they were going to make images for it, so far all i have been able to use is peoples back up...................anyone thinking of getting one should be made aware that support is slow, i still have me dbox so its not so much of a problem for me to wait.

Now this is mentioned aftermines arrived yesterday

still waiting on someone sending me the guides :xmas: please

and searched for images and couldnt find them?????????????

Soz found the download section
but really need the guide so i know what to download and how to do it properly--thanx

Back