J

Jacal

Just had cable fitted and was discretly offered a programmed card that cloned the original but would give me all progs, for a one off payment of £70. The guy said the box did'nt need moding and I would just go on paying my minimum.

IS this cosha?....seems to go against all I have read but seeing as I'm a newbie and don't know my A**e from my elbow re programming, at this moment I'm very tempted.

Would really appreciate your help.

Oh the STB is a SA Explorer 4200 if this is of any help.

go get a box from a car boot m8............and do it yourself..

and take my advise, dont touch ya subbed box............

Jacal said:
Just had cable fitted and was discretly offered a programmed card that cloned the original but would give me all progs, for a one off payment of £70. The guy said the box did'nt need moding and I would just go on paying my minimum.

IS this cosha?....seems to go against all I have read but seeing as I'm a newbie and don't know my A**e from my elbow re programming, at this moment I'm very tempted.

Would really appreciate your help.

Oh the STB is a SA Explorer 4200 if this is of any help.

Were you discretly offered it by the cable company engineer? .....

fatblerk said:
Were you discretly offered it by the cable company engineer? .....
Yep, that's why it was tempting, seemed a genuine offer.

No mod to the box......is this viable?

Jacal said:
IS this cosha?.....
lol, what do you think?
if your not paying for it then it can't be kosher but the engineer sounds like he's cutting corners by not cutting the talkback and it will be you in the frame mate.
Get yourself a box and mod it yourself ;)
Clive.

Clive, I hear what your saying, no 'Free Lunch' and all that but he was insistant that the programmed card did it all....lol....but maybe he just opened the card and 1,2,3 or even six months down the road, I got a massive bill and have to commit suicide ;-(

But then again, does he know something that we don't?

Yeh he knows how to make a quick buck without taking responsibility for the fall-out lol.
Read the tuts in the tutorial section mate and get yourself a spare box ;) and mod it yourself ;)
it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run mate.
Clive.

ao101 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Sorry ao101 can't seem to reply

Back