slonger

Member +
Reaction score
I have just found out about this dbox (where have I been) and have got a couple of questions
1:what is the best one to buy
2:do you need to keep updating the box (thinking of buying one for my dad and he knows nothing)
thanks Slonger

slonger said:
I have just found out about this dbox (where have I been) and have got a couple of questions
2:do you need to keep updating the box (thinking of buying one for my dad and he knows nothing)
thanks Slonger

1. There isnt really a best one to buy. Either a nokia or sagem will do just fine - neither one is really better than the other. Sagems tend to be cheaper.

2. No - not updates required. Occasionally people release new 'images' for the box (which is basically a software update) but you DONT HAVE TO update ... the images mainly improve picture quality, etc. Although the images currently released are the VERY BEST that have ever been produced.

Liam.

slonger said:
thanks Slonger

hi m8

1. either box nokia or sagem is fine although more positive comments for a nokia 2x

2. it autoupdates the only thing is maybe once a year you may need to do a channel scan as cc do from time to time change the frequencys of some channels but doesnt happen often

i have a dbox for my dad that does nothing apart from watch his programmes and he has had it over a year and i have never touched it since i modded it for him

cheers

thanks for the quick reply where is the best place to get 1 from or do i just try my luck on ebay

Make sure you read the auction properly when buying on ebay, some people "miss out" certain details, like the fact of wether it's a cable or sat dbox, wether it's a dbox1 or dbox2 etc

Back