sst12

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

Just bought a TM Single for spare room.

I have reflashed with the latest VIX image and got network cable connected but I am struggling to understand how to operate machine with addons, cams etc, never had a linux machine before only older TM,s cant seem to find any info or manual
- could do with some help pointing in the right direction

Hi Manic

No did lots of reading up before purchase, Iv'e always had Technomate STB's but not a Linux based device, found manual non existant and nothing for that model on TMs site just struggling with setting up/ installing not knowing what files to download and install to get system up and running properly.

As there is a third party image on the box (VIX) the manual wont be of much use to you anyway, most manuals usually only cover the basic functionality with the manufacturers original firmware installed. It is pretty rubbish however that you dont even have a basic user manual with the reciever or a downloadable one from the manufacturers website...

Linux recievers are very different from closed source recievers and have a higher learning curve attached. You need to do some more reading , look into Enigma2 Linux based images etc.. What exactly are you trying to do ?

Hi gsmtech

Thanks for that, going to have a good read through forum tonight, was hoping TM Linux Single OE box would open same as older TM's but with the addition of the lan connection for later use once iv'e got my head around the box.

not at the minute but possibly in the future - Looked at the TM5402 nice unit for price but decided to go with linux unit instead + I can fit an internal drive in it.

with the vix image you will have to ftp your softcam and configs to the box ,you should maybe try another image i know the 4d image you can download everything from there server which would be much easier for someone who does not know linux boxes

with the vix image you will have to ftp your softcam and configs to the box ,you should maybe try another image i know the 4d image you can download everything from there server which would be much easier for someone who does not know linux boxes

I re flashed using the 4D image you suggested, but found stability problems (slow operation and sometimes Green Screen reboot) so have re booted again going back to VIX and managed to get a 45E to 55W sat list installed and working although out of date this is helping me understand the Linux system and what’s needed to get the box up and running, must admit I am now starting to enjoy the playing around like I did with the older closed TM’s, Still have my TM6902-HDT2 in the lounge connected to a 1.2 Mtr Channel Master and homemade 'V' Box and trusty Samsung 48" LED - As I said before this is my first Linux box.
thank you all on here for the help so far.

Back