Newbie question

Superflous

Member ++
Reaction score
I'm new to this card programming business and i've been trying to teach myself.

I've been at it from about 5:30pm tonight and i'm slowly getting there.

For practice i'm trying to program a funcard to work with my already chipped cable.

I've got a rom10 card (at least i think it is) which works fine in my NTL box (I get all channels)

I'm trying to use my infinity usb phoenix programmer to read the rom10 card to get the details needed to program the funcard.

At the minute i'm getting an error which makes me believe the card is locked.

"error, backdoor reported disable - card may contain update
Reading ROM10 failed"

considering the card has obviously been unlocked at one point to give me access all channels, should it not still be unlocked.

And if so do I have to go get myself a t911 now just to read the info?

cheers

Ok i got my IRD from XNCS but don't know where to find my box key

can anyone help

Last edited:
your best bit is to use nagra ensure the programmer is set in phoenix 3.68mhz and the serial cable on it is also on
what we need to know is what rev your card is too

thanks

thanks for the reply.

I believe my card is a rom 10 A82

I get the message below using both nagra 3.0 and 4.1

HTML:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I believe from reading a few posts this may mean the card is locked (even though its been programmed and currently works!)

I am a little afraid I may mess this card while trying to read it and have to pay a tenner to get it fixed

cheers

i believe a Di4001-N (i'm from N.Ireland so NOT ex C&W)

I'm at work at the minute so I can't check but after searching ebay that box looks exactly like mine, and appears to be the NTL (non C&W) box.

Methods

U can either buy a t911 to unlock the card but your best option (so u know your getting the correct IRD and BK) would be to buy an LED sim. Just do a search for the tutorial. TMC sell a plug and play LED sim

ok cheers,

I take it that a card which has been previously unlocked and programmed (and still works with all channels) can get relocked then?

I only want to read it to find my BK and IRD to fart about with funcards.

I'm trying to learn this stuff because half of my friends and family use titaniums and they have all been turned off. I'd like to know how to program the cards rather than having to pay 10 quid a go at a local del boys place.

Will Caton not work with my card?

It's locked if it has that revision, you will have to glitch it.
The card locking as I understand it depends on the type of image used on it also the card can lock if removed from the box with the power still on.

Does the card have the cable company logo printed on it?

It is possible for the card to get locked again. A82 means you'll need to glitch it to read the IRD and BK i.e. t911 unlooper etc

U can read the ird and bk of a tit2 card using winexplorer

ok thanks for all the replies,

is there a fix yet for the tit2 (can anyone point me to a post even)

No fix

I have 3 sitting here that are almost unusable. If u want a card that auto updates buy an opus and get TwoBeerCans Tutorial and files.

oh nasty - only a matter of time before a fix though?

Arn't opus based on similar technology to tit2 and therefore isn't it only a matter of time before they are stopped (and if so is it worth investing in them)

by the way my card is printed NTL

I've just got home and my box number is d14001n.

I've also got a port for a data cable on the back as well as a parallel port and an ethernet port.

can i find my BK and stuff using this?

cheers

Bk

The only options open to u are to get the card unlocked and get the BK from that or use the LED simm method

Back