newbie needing some help Dbox probs

hagis

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just like 2 say this forum is excelent!!!!. I never new u could do so much with the Dbox, Ive tryed a few of the tutorials finally got my mp3s playing on it now also getting there with recording from dbox . But having some probs so could anyone help me out please........
1 .When playing back mp3s music is very stuttery ??????why?????
2. any settings I put in my dbox are lost after dbox reboots(is this supposed to happen?)
3 . If I send a new image to dbox do I have to delete the old 1 ? (and how)
Using Nokia Dbox 2 with Box Cracker 3.5 (installed when I bought the box) wanting to try sportster but im a newbie so scared to try it but lip sink problems are forcing me to, anhow any help on these questions would be apprishated ......Hagis:Cheers:
: colors1 : colors1

OK, right.

1. I used to get mp3s to play back perfectly; but cant any more. I think that the mp3 playback is still very unstable across all images and you will probably experience stuttery playback on any box you find.

2. This shouldnt happen, but theres probably a good reason for it. It is most probably the image that you are using.

3. No, you dont have to delete the old one. Once you flash a new image the old one is automatically erased, so theres nothing too complicated to do. Nothing to be scared of, just make sure you get the right image for your box (i.e 1x or 2x) and off you go.

Box Cracker is an old image now and there have been several improvements since it was released. However, you mention lip sync problems. I always thought that box cracker was known to reduce this? Anyway, it might be a good idea to pull out the modem from inside the box - which usually fixes any issues like this.

Go on, flash Sportster. You've got nothing to lose - and even if you bugger it up, we can all help you fix it. (Even fixing it isnt hard!)

Liam.

Liam thanks for replying so quick im gonna flash box tonight ill let u no how I on with it..hagis..
ohhh any easy way of fiding out if my box is 1x or 2x???
Also any image u could recomend??

flashed box no prob with latest sporster image everthing running pritty.........yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Back