(Newbie) Box update..

alonso

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to all this so please bear with me! Just a couple of questions if you can help me..

I've had a nokia dbox2 (its in german, premiere) for around 9 months, been great and never had a problem, now its losing channels like most peoples seem to, the guy who I bought it off says he'll reprogram it for £25!! A bit steep I thought so I found my way here wondering how to do it!

I've read the excellent tutorials (beginners guide to get up and running) and feel confident to have a go! Do I just follow the guide even though thats for a new box, or is there anything different I have to do or change since this box has been programmed once before??

In other words so I just flash a new image over whats on then the services.xml file?

Sorry if this has been covered a thousand times before!!

Thanks for any help..

well if u follow the guide you can't go wrong, but remember a crossover cable needs to be bought it isn't the network cable that u probably have.

if u have the cable then a simple transfer of the relevant services file for your area would probably do the trick depending on which image version u have

Thanks for the help Stugger, so I could just do a service file transfer? I'm going to get a crossover cable at the weekend..

I'm not 100% sure what I'm supposed to be looking for or how to find what image I have.. When it boots up, I get this:

Lade neutrino Kernel version 2.3.25-dbox2

Image: Base image version 2.0
Image type: HeadAp3

Bmon1.2

Is that any help to you??

Thanks alot!

@alsonso if channels have just went off just try a service scan as the cc's tend to move channel frequencies so that might work. but if you want a new image on and get stuck just give us a shout m8

Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated!! I've tried a scan, not sure how long its supposed to take but after around 15 mins nothing had happened so I unplugged.. the only services option is Kabal Deutschland so I'm guessing its not gonna work adn I need to transfer the services.xml file??

I'm going to have a go on sat.

Thanks again

Back