• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Newbie at large !!

Mariner92

Inactive User
Hi everyone, I hope that someone out there can give me a shove in the right direction.
I have an Infinity USB Phoenix writer.
A friend has a Technomate TN5000CI set up, which he hasn't been able to use for 18 months now, as a 'bloke in the know' messed with his Funcard 4 prussian2 card.
How can I help this poor old fella, he's a pensioner that I deliver mail to, and I'd love to help him out, but being a total newbie to this, I don't know where to start.

Yours Hopefully

Steve the Newbie Postie.

raptor214

Inactive User
AWWWwwwww, my friend, your friend must be soooo unlucky, i can find everything for the tm 1000, 2000,4000, 7000 and the 7800, but nothing for the 5000, maybe time to think about buying a new setup, would really have liked to be able to help you, you could buy a new cam and card, but at the moment you would be best buying a tm1500CI+, this can be patched to emulate encryption systems, this will open most channels that we can open at the moment, and can be purchased for £105.00, sorry my friend.
regards raptor214

Last edited:

pinkhelmets

VIP Member
VIP Member
the 5000 model is a very old version of receiver and not comparable to modern technomates.
There isnt anything useful available for a funcard4 (that i'm aware of) so I doubt you can program anything for him.

bro

VIP Member
VIP Member
not positive myself but could you not change it to a next

h**p://www.#####.##.##/forum/showthread.php?t=90828&highlight=5000

Last edited by a moderator:

sakiblateef

VIP Member
VIP Member
the 5000 model is a very old version of receiver and not comparable to modern technomates.
There isnt anything useful available for a funcard4 (that i'm aware of) so I doubt you can program anything for him.
I think 6 in 1 files are still around that he can programme the Fun Card with but not too sure about that one.

Mariner92

Inactive User
Many Thanks

Many thanks for your replies, I will have a dig about, but doesn't sound too hopeful.
I'm on NTL / Virgin myself, so not got his problems. I will give him the bad news tomorrow !
Thanks again

Steve