Newbie Advise

Retro

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all....
Before i continue, great site man.... a must for all.
Anyway I have recently see D-boxes on Ebay and was wondering if it's a wise thing to get one,sure the thought of have a "Few Extra Channels" would turn anyones eye but there are a couple of things i need to consider with your help....
1)Will the box recieve uk channels?
2)Will my T/W card work?
3)Can T/W know that i have changed my box?
4)Will this effect my broadband?
I would be very greatful to all if these few questions are answered for me.
If i have asked the wrong questions or posted incorreclty im sorry as this is my first post..
Many Thanks
Retro.

welcome Retro

1) the dbox recieves all N*L and t/w channels, also in some areas, the frontrow channels, tho all areas are going VOD over the next few months.
2) t/w Card ????.
3) the dbox does not have talk back to the cc's, so NO.
4) nope.

respect

Thanks RaVeN...

If you dont mind,can you tell me if you have a d-box and how easy they are to use & update....and also What is VOD??

Many Thanks

Retro

Hello de_deej...

Sorry to just PM you...but im new to all this and im a bit confused......I have just bought a d-box off ebay..it say's it in debug mode and has Neutrino on it ....So does this mean i can just plug it in and recieve all the channels......?????
Secondly..... i currently have the full package on Telewest..Sports,Movies and so on......Do i still have to subscribe to this or can i reduce my package to the basic one.
And finally...Can you tell me any other info i need to get up and running.

Many thanks for your tome...

Retro

Hi,

I can understand you are trying to get help with your box. But please do not PM for help as you are far more likely to receive it by posting your questions in the open forum. Which inturn may help the next person that has the same problem as you.

I also purchased my box about a week ago off ebay and was to told just to plug it in, this was not the case. It will depend on the image that is on your box whether or not you will need to re-flash or not. You will have to do a full service scan but this is easy, even my fiancee knows how.

I suggest when your box comes plug it in and see what happens then post on here.

In answer to your other questions; you do not need to keep subscribing although if you do not have any other telewest services it may be advisible to insure you are still getting the feed. Also I think it is the same price as having the phone line so you may aswell keep it as it might help you determine any problems in the future. For instance why have I lost E4, you can then check to see if it is a problem with cable by checking the other box.

I would suggest reading liams guide in the download section as this will tell you what you need before setup. You won't understand it at first but within 2 days you will be an expert. Trust me last week I didn't even know how to ftp and now you are asking me for help.

But you will need the box to know what you need ?

I hope this helps,

de_deej

Retro said:
Thanks RaVeN...
If you dont mind,can you tell me if you have a d-box and how easy they are to use & update....and also What is VOD??
Many Thanks
Retro

VOD is Video on Demand but I really would suggest reading through the forum and then posting back when the box is pluged in. The more you try to learn by yourself, the more people will be willing to help you. There is about 3 open threads on VOD on the first page.

de_deej

i agree , there's plenty at tuts/help on other threats here on digital-world,
and if you get stuck there are people more than pleased to help you out.

read..read and read some more.

respect

Back