New xbox form MS - different drive!!

beezo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

just got a new xbox from MS as it fooked up, problem is it has a phillips and lite-on drive in it. Its model number is DG-16D2S, FW 74850C.

Ive searched the topics and found 1 thread that says these drives cannot be hacked as of yet!! is this stil the case?? if so any news on when something will be out to get around this??

thanx

Phillips / BenQ and Lite-On are all in the same bed together, hence the BenQ/Philips and the Lite-On/Philips

Drive is unmoddable and will remain that way for a while by the looks of it.

ok guys, thanx for the info but im gutted!!

looks like these drives have been over here for a month or 2, so anyone have any idea when a 'fix' will come about??

Not for a few months I reckon.

The firmware is stored in another chip this time, not a dedicated firmware chip.

Oggy mate, you got any links to this?

Theres is a 10+ page thread on X-S in the Technical DVD Rom / Firmware forum.

oggy,

can u please point me in the right direction of this info please as i cant seem to find it!! Is it a sub forum here on DW???

I would love to know where these guys begin to crack things....

Not sure if I can link to other forums?

But if the you were to google

shauno xbox scene benq

And click the first link you might be lucky ;)

Id ask again in 6 months mate.

This isnt gonna be easy and may even never happen as they might need to hack the full console rather than the dvd drive.

yeh going by the other forums they are now on the shop shelves which is a bummer anyone who wants some modable xbox's they better start looking at drive database as it looks like anything over lots 0810 is being shipped with these drives

Back