New Virgin Modem Bext month

K

Inactive User
Reaction score
New Virgin Modem next month

Just to let you know virgin will be installing new modems from next month..

Basikaly its a Netgear Hub.. No need for stand alone modems anymore and the need for a seperate router.. (all in one)..

Theyre only for upto 20mb.. the 50 meg modem still stands..

Last edited:
Re: New Virgin Modem next month

will every1 be getting these free then!

might aswell use my old netgear router till it packs in.
paid £50 for it

is it a hub or a router. Can't really be a hub unless VM are going to supplying mutliple IP per connection.

I don't want a h/w router, I use a server as a router and I can do a shit lot more with that then any router.

is it a hub or a router. Can't really be a hub unless VM are going to supplying mutliple IP per connection.

I don't want a h/w router, I use a server as a router and I can do a shit lot more with that then any router.

I dont know the spec yet.. but have seen it. Hub is what theyre calling it.. and i suspect they will use the wording on their website when it arrives..

The call it a homehub - its basically just a modem/router combination similar to what they've been using on ADSL lines for years.As routers are now pretty much standard issue for most VM packages they've simply decided to combine it with the modem in one single package.

It shouldn't affect those who want to run an alternative router (or server) as you'll probably be able to turn off the router portion or, at worst, move your alternative device into the equivelent of a DMZ.

I seriously doubt VM will be giving away multiple IP's to home customers. They have already removed all of the multiple IP packages they used to offer (for gaming consoles etc) and steadfastly refuse to even talk about the possibility of proividing static IP's

Last edited:
Wonder if they are going to throw in VoIP in there are well ?

Back