New Virgin Box Old Nthell box????

new2itall

Inactive User
Reaction score
Strange!!!

Had to get an engineer round the other day as i have had trouble with my subbed box.

Got a nice new silver sammy now and it has updated to Virgin with the black now/next bar.

Re opened the hole in the ceiling got all the wires, connecters, splitter and my old 4000 box back in the bedroom, conected it all up and the old 4000 box ex cw with au fun runs fine still but with the old blue ntl now/next bar????

Strange???

Do you think they did a forced update to the new sammy box?

Rich

Not quite sure why you think this is strange?

The Sammy has taken the Virgin software, the Pace hasn't - you could try a forced update on the Pace and it may take the virgin update (or it may not) - new firmware is released for each box type, so some boxes might take the update whilst others may not. If the Pace stays on old firmware it just means it isn't released (for Pace) in your area yet - try again in a few days, or change the netid to an area which will give the update (eg 41052) then change back to your correct netid.

Have you checked that the new sammy and the pace are on the same netid? Also it could be that the sammy had an update done at the factory/depot where it was refurbed.

Back