## new Vi**in+ FTA image ##

PaphosAL

Veteran flasher
Reaction score
Oasis- Surrounded by bandits and noisy brats
Here you go guys and gals- some of the image modders have battered me into submission and frog-marched me into modding my own dbox2 image...

## No Keys ## No roms ## No emus ## FTA only ##

Please read the attached release notes and decide whether a 'skinny' image like this is for you, before downloading it.

Have fun- share and share alike- Feedback in here please! Cheers, AL :flags24:

Nice one Al - love the PDF :D

Will whack it on sometime this week!

PaphosAL image creator, now that does sound good.

I'll have a bash as soon as I get the chance.......really looking forward to it.

There probably wont be much feedback in terms of malfunction as you'll have had it tested to near destruction, LOL.

Keep up the good work friend.

All the best

Well done AL and thanks for sharing! Will deffo give this a flash!

SS

I'll give this a go later Al. Well done for having a go,the release notes on pdf are a very nice touch. Personally I like the keep things simple approach.

:Clap::Clap::Clap:

thebigman

Thanks for that.

I will have a look at it tonight.

its good to see the scene comming back........:Clap:

Ok this might just be me but...after setting location and doing a scan just at the end of the scan I get a message saying no channels found? but I can see it found 300+ and 31 transponders tried it 6 times all with same result. pity too because I quite liked the set up with the menu etc...hope other peeps manage better than me..ah well back to Laky pro lol. thanks to everyone who worked on this your work is very much appreciated :Clap:

cheers

Ok this might just be me but...after setting location and doing a scan just at the end of the scan I get a message saying no channels found? but I can see it found 300+ and 31 transponders tried it 6 times all with same result. pity too because I quite liked the set up with the menu etc...hope other peeps manage better than me..ah well back to Laky pro lol. thanks to everyone who worked on this your work is very much appreciated :Clap:

cheers

Why don't you FTP in your services and bouquets instead of scanning, then have a real play with the image ???

This is not relating to the image but to this thread why is it that I cannot download the files. It keeps saying that I am not authorised to do so.

Is it somthing to do with post count I haver tried to look for help but cant find anything.

Billy

Some feedback coming in from elsewhere to the effect that the 'Set My Location' database is still a few bricks short of a bungalow, LOL!

For example, someone from Bournemouth reported that this shows as 6887, but is actually 6952. He did politely point out that this in all images, not just mine, LOL!

While editing this at my end, I also spotted Bolton on the very next line, with similar looking netID / Freq formats. This also showed as 6887, but it must be 6952 too, surely?

So, hibs7nil: Feedback like this is important to ALL the Image Creators (and the Image Modders, like me...). Go into /var/tuxbox/config/ via FTP or tuxcom and find the Location you used for SML in the shellexec.conf file.

If this says 6887 then change it to 6952 and try Scanning again. If it says 6952 then change it to 6887 and try Scanning again.

But the bottom line is, the majority of us image tarts just port our own services and bouquets straight into a new image. Scanning is saved for those rare occassions when a new channel comes out that needs hunting down, or a major re-shuffle...

Cheers- AL

Change Ucodes if it picks up all the channels but doesn't show them

Why don't you FTP in your services and bouquets instead of scanning, then have a real play with the image ???

That was tried Rodboy after the first try.. as was the usual stuff required, played about with everything before posting m8...could just be a bad download my end...I will persevere with it but not tonight watching the HIBEES stuffing the mighty Barcelona..lol

cheers

Great image Al, superb picture quality.

Like your touches on some of the menu names and options.

Fast channel change, 7 day epg works, and no squeaking/freezing with g*ox

cheers

Freddy

That was tried Rodboy after the first try.. as was the usual stuff required, played about with everything before posting m8...could just be a bad download my end...I will persevere with it but not tonight watching the HIBEES stuffing the mighty Barcelona..lol

cheers

the diffs used by the creator of this image are based on a fudge fix I did I think

the scanning menu changed a while ago in the cvs, unfortunatley the UK scan was not fully compatible with the change, I did the best I could to at least get the fast scanning back into the menus , but its not 100%, all dboxers will either have to put up with a converluted method to set it up , or find some one who can fix it properly, as I no longer own a box its not something I can continue with, I think Al will be able to explain how to manually setup your scan

Smashing looking image Al but I didnt expect anything else. For educational purposes I tried a few other files in it but unfortunately Evocamd and me haven't always seen eye to eye...infact most times I haven't seen anything with Evocamd. Tried Gbox but still it wont play ball with me. I am not knowledgeable enough (or a leecher as some would say) to know how to get it to work with mgcamd, it doesnt show up in menu when I add it but I presume thats because you have it stripped down.

Quality on FTA was excellent and I liked the risque logo...not sure my wife would but thats neither here nor there.

For whatever its worth...set my location and all UK scanning worked spot on in Belfast...all correct settings.

Cheers big man......about bloody time you did your own image as you have beta tested everyone elses. :Clap:

Great image AL, as expected !!

Neat menu structure.......much easier to navigate.....I personally like that.

On the downside, picture quality not as good as Xenafan's Blade Quad, Don't know if there is an answer for that or if it's a regional issue ???

On the plus side, the automated all in one key copy from evocam to gbox is the best and swiftest I've seen to date.........about 2 seconds..........good job there mate.

I'm hoping some Sagem users will post re stability whilst running gbox as my mates box is a pure cnut and is very fussy which image it likes.

Great job mate, all the best

PS that karaoke girl is nice bit of skirt and looks better without the image name splattered all over her beautiful form !!

What box is this with, Freddy? Glad you like it, m8! Cheers- AL

Its a Nokia dbox 2 ( 2 chip) but sometimes prone to chirping etc with other images. Guess your looking for feedback from Sagem owners whose boxs are even more prone !

I really wanted this one to work so I had another go today for educational purposes. This time it worked and is really great looking image.

Picture quality is excellent, menus are really well set up and even the colour scheme has surprised me as I usually just go for the \/ media colours but this is growing on me already.

Thanks for your time and effort AL

:Clap::Clap::Clap:

Back